“I will stay here again”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed March 26, 2012

It was better than expected. I stayed with my 9-year old son on a trip to visit family who live in St. George.
The room, itself, was adequately spacious and clean. The pool was small, but served its purpose, and was used by a lot of guests.
The location is very good, with quick access to the freeway, and is next to other similar hotel/motels in the area. The Black Bear Diner is directly next door, and is definitely a bonus.
McDonalds and Denny's are also very close.
I did not eat the free breakfast (chose the Black Bear, instead), but munched on cookies or cinnamon buns in the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms next to the pool if sleep is important to you
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent stay. Next time please take advantage of our full hot breakfast as that is included with your stay. Be rest assured you will not be disappointed in our wide selection. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe Travels.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Suites

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Starting staying here a few months ago. Desk had 2 employees at attention awaiting check-ins. I like that the rooms here are drive-up and open to outside. Hauling my business stuff in and out of my car much easier. Rooms very clean. Plenty of room to lay out my files and paperwork. Nice office chair at the desk, adjusts up & down, rocks back. Woo hoo! Wish I had brought my swimtrunks to enjoy the steamy hot tub. Breakfast area had lots of places to sit, two helpers that were very attentive and friendly. I loved the egg casserole with cheese, diced up ham, onions, green peppers. So much better than just scrambled eggs. And two different flavors of waffles. I had one of each LOL. Oh, and fresh cinammon rolls. I'll have to repent. Black Bear Diner restaurant about 200 feet from their front door. These are great, have enjoyed them in California. Yep, this is the place for me now when in SW Utah.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, but it's kinda hidden so ASK where it is!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank accommo
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us and I appreciate your great comments. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed overnight in St. George on our way to California, and Clarion Suites was perfect for our needs. Check-in late at night was easy, breakfast in the morning was great, and the room comfortably accommodated our family of 4. The room was clean and easily accessible from our car (which was very convenient to transport our sleeping children and our bags into the room.) The price was a great value for all that is included, and if we had more time we would have loved to use the pool and the fitness room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley E
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and taking the time to post your recent stay with us. I hope you will visit again very soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here overnight with my 2 grown boys and I had to work in that city. The hotel is very clean and the surroundings are safe. Rooms were large with 2 queen beds and a sofa which pulled out to a double bed also. Room can definitely sleep 6. Every room also comes with a micro and fridge. the free continental breakfast was fresh and tasty - eggs, bisquits, pastries, cereal and of course make your own belgian waffles. Also juice, milk and of course coffee. Definitely a place you can bring your family with children or even just a gettaway for 2. They have a great outdoor pool which is heated and a spa and also a exercise room. I will definitely stay there again if Im in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bmxmom38
gmdon, Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and the great review. The Clarion Suites staff takes great pride in the hotel and we try to make sure all guests experience the best stay possible. I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

We try to head south to escape the snow each winter for a few days. We've tried several hotels in the St. George area but this is by far our favorite. The rooms are nice, not huge, but nice. The hot breakfast is a plus. The kids love the pool and hot tub. It's very clean and had nice grounds. We're planning on a return trip this winter.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. The Clarion Suites staff and I strive to offer the best service St. George has to offer. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your return trip this winter. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We were there Oct 21-23, 2011, a very hectic time in St. George because of a state-wide school holiday. Check-in was smooth and staff was very friendly and helpful. Even with all the people, our room on the second floor was quiet. We didn't hear any freeway noise. The breakfast room was packed on Saturday morning, but the staff did an excellent job keeping it clean and well-stocked. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The parking lot was full but there is a big overflow parking area next to the parking lot where we safely parked. I shopped around for a place to stay and Clarion Suites is a good value for the money. We have already made reservations to return in December.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank joyinjourney
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about the Clarion Suites of St. George, Utah. That weekend you stayed with us was very busy with high school marching bands and I am happy to hear that you did enjoy our breakfast even with it being very busy. Thank you for your stay and I look forward to your return trip in December. See you soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I would most heartily recommend the Clarion to all - especially families with young children. We took a "girls trip" this last weekend, and the hotel was very accommodating. Their breakfasts are great, their staff is great...I was very happy with our stay. I have to say - the "breakfast room" was really busy on Saturday morning and the staff was just superb - they kept the food filled, wiped down tables as fast as they were empty, wiped up the spills - I was very, very pleased!

Room Tip: Suite with 2 beds and a fold-out sofa worked very well for me, my dau-in-law and LOTS of little gran...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie A
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about the Clarion Suites of St. George, Utah. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room and our breakfast each morning. Yes we were very busy on that Saturday morning and I am very glad that you noticed our effort to keep the food stocked as well as a clean environment. I hope you will visit again soon.