“The Worst Motel”

Ranked #41 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Nice, France
“The Worst Motel”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

my freind had suggested this Motel as It was a bit further up the road and was off the main street. (We are on our way to Zion National Park with ours freinds who live in St Geogre)
We appeared to be the only guests , we came a day early (we were due on the 31st ) Room 225 was allocated to us , right on the end 2nd floor over looking the pool. It was like sleeping on a monster truck race track as the V8 trucks drove by the intersection with there continous gutteral throaty sounds. I quite like this sound but after a while it was annoying
My partner takes a nap and when he gets up the bed is competely messed up it is then that I realise the flat sheet on the bed does not appear to fit properly , it seems to small, I remake the bed so that the sheet is covering the top half of the bed, our feet are exposed to the matteress.
The sink in the bathroom/dressing area is filthy dirty, it could do with a really good clean it has ingrained dirt around the taps and the edge of the sink.
When i take a shower the control for the shower is almost coming of the wall. The towels are old and thin and very small (like big hand towels) I did ask for some bigger one's and got the same size but newer. The bath has black hairs in it (we are blonde and grey) The water does not flow away and I end up standing in 4 inches of dirty water. The bath mat is so thin it sticks to my feet like paper. Then I notice under the sink is really dusty and the carpet looks like it needs a good vacum along the wall. We go out for dinner and when we get back there is another car in the car park and there in 224 is the other guests right next door so we get to hear there TV all night long .(the motel still appeared to be empty except for us and our neighbours) This was possibly the worst motel I have stayed in , we checked out am, with out breakfast and check into the Ramada (almost the same price and pure luxury in comparison to the Rodeway Inn.

• Disliked — The dirty bathroom and the badly dressed bed
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I have stayed at this motel for the past 2 years when I've competed at the Huntsman World Senior Games. Both years my stay was delightful --- clean room, room attributes, working jacuzzi, etc. When I checked in this year there was new management and I could see that the property had gone downhill. I inquired about the jacuzzi and was told that it was broken and since it was the "end of the season" that it would not be fixed. The first room given to me was dirty, did not have a tv remote and the room door would not lock. The second room was just plain dirty. Although I was supposed to stay 6 nights, I found another hotel and left the Rodeway after 1 night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — dirty rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Damselfly_7

Travelers are raving about these St. George hotels

Salt Lake City Utah
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I don’t mind paying top dollar for a high level of service and amenities, and low dollar for basic amenities, but this hotel charged top dollar for bottom level value. When I booked the hotel for the weekend of the St. George Marathon, this one of the very few options left. I booked it through Orbitz for $179.99 per night, before taxes and fees! I incorrectly assumed the hotel would be worth the inflated price. When we arrived, I asked the gentleman behind the desk if the continental breakfast was going to open early on marathon morning. He replied “No, I don’t want to get up at 3:00”. Our room was of low quality, with: Grimy light switches, dirty carpet, a hair on a sheet, holey and stained towels, grime in the corners of the bathroom floor, a wad of soap stuck to the bathtub, and an unpleasant smell. I could go on, but you get the picture. It was not worth even a fraction of $179.99 per night! The continental breakfast was very basic with limited seating. There were only two small bistro tables, but the hotel did not provide trays to take food back to the rooms. The only positive I can think of was when our shower malfunctioned; the gentleman promptly and politely fixed it.

To highlight a contrast, early in the morning I went to the Hampton Inn to join my friends for the race. Their continental breakfast was in full swing, with a large array of food and drinks and even bottles of Gatorade and water for the runners. The staff was cheerful and they were running a free shuttle to the marathon buses. The contrast between the two hotels was glaring.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed at several budget motels during our tour of the national parks - this was by far the worst. We were not looking for much more than cheap place to sleep, but this fell short of even our meager expectations.
The beds were old and uncomfortable (my mattress was 10 years old, i checked the tag.) The blankets were cheap- and rubbery just like another commenter mentioned.
The bathmat was obviously just an old towel that someone had cut in half! The towels were frayed and had old stains... so gross.

• Stayed October 2008
San Diego,CA.
Reviewed October 2, 2008

The room was not clean.

I am not likely to return to the Rodeway Inn Saint George.

The hotel was in a ok location. The room wasn't clean at all. The breakfast was simple and basic (coffee,tea,milk,juice,bread,bagel ,butter and cream cheese).They try to keep the price low.That's why they couldn't provide good service.

I am not likely to return to the Rodeway Inn Saint George Hotel
I would not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Germany
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Clean, very reasonably priced motel with friendly staff/owners. The furnishing is typical, the bathroom was very clean. They even have a quite nice pool, which was immediately cleaned (although it was already clean) when I asked if it was open. Breakfast makes you full, but is no real treat (not that I expected that for such a low price). I almost regretted not staying longer and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
RODEWAYSTG401, Manager at Rodeway Inn Red Hills, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Property CHI
GM
Rodeway Inn, Saint george, Utah
Preston
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We arrived quite late, the checkin clerk was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast hit the spot in the morning. We were able to eat and be on our way very quickly. We would definitely stay here again. We only stayed one night.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family