“Rancid tenderloin, big disappointment!”

Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 242 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House t is known for its premium beef and game dishes cooked over an open grill. All beef served at the restaurant is premium choice and aged 21 days to ensure the most flavorful and tender steaks. Patrons are welcome to watch chefs cook a variety of meats on the open grill where mesquite wood is used to create a flavorful and distinctive taste. We're proud to be St. George's favorite local steakhouse and have been voted "Best Restaurant," "Best Steak," "Best Ambiance" and "Best Dessert" by St. George Magazine. We offer a children's menu and full bar.
Ogden, Utah
“Rancid tenderloin, big disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been to the Gun Barrel several times and it has always been good. We went on a Tuesday night 2 weeks ago. I ordered the 6 oz. tenderloin and husband got the New York. The service was very good and that is the only reason for 2 stars. Salads and bread were good and we were off to a good start. When our steaks were served, I smelled something sour. I smelled my baked potato, sour cream and onion straws - smelled fine. I took a bite of the tenderloin and it was rancid! My husband tried it and spit it out. Our server checked on us and immediately took the steak back to the kitchen. I ate my potato and onions while waiting for the second steak. The kitchen is an open grill and I watched the chef look at the returned steak and just throw it out. Another tenderloin was grilled and brought to me. It was just okay, not great. My husband's New York steak was just okay, not great as well. Our server was very apologetic and sweet. When we got back to our hotel, I felt bad that I hadn't asked to speak to the manager so I called and talked to him. He said he had smelled the steak when it was returned and it was indeed rancid. He said he was sorry that the second wasn't up to par and would have "discounted" it if I would have said something. We will not be returning and are very disappointed because we have always enjoyed our meals at the Gun Barrel.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laura56

Salt Lake City, Utah
“A great steak house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Located on the edge of town this restaurant was excellent. It was worth the drive if your driving through on I-15 or on the South side of town. The food was excellent and the service was just as good.

Visited April 2012
Washinton utah
“Best Steak & Salmon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Its truely the best place in washington county 4 sirloin steak & salmon both were juicy & seasoned 2 perfection.
This was r 2nd time @ this restraunt & it was just as goos as the 1st.
They have a dinner & a movie deal which is great 4 date night :)
My weight watchers fits in perfectly w/ their menu as well :)
I m a HUGE salmon lover & well it was fresh which is hard 2 find.
Both of r dinners were well porpotioned 4 the price as well.
The potato soup was so good we were scaping the bowl :)
U can dress up or casual ~ both seems 2 fit

• Visited August 2012
“Great place to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We went to Gun Barrel Steak and Game House on our recent trip to St. George, I would highly recommend you go there! The rib eye was flavorful and cooked to perfection, the hot bread is to die for and the game soup of the day was amazing! But what really amazed me was we called to make reservations and asked what the game soup of the day was they told us and we said it sounded wonderful! Well when we got to the restaurant they where out of the soup we were told of, but the chef actually put a bowl aside for us because we said we wanted to try it on the phone. How many places do you know who would do that? Very impressive! Our waitress was also on top of her game! I would highly recommend this resturant to anyone! I know we will be going back! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Sedona, AZ
“Second time even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We recalled having a good dinner here on a previous visit so we went back again. Looking at the menu we quickly remembered why we liked it so much. This is a meat eaters paradise. Lots to choose from at all price points and plenty of exotic game included. We chose a tamer meal. DW ordered ribs as it was one of the nightly specials. For $13.95 she got a really meaty half rack plus a salad (or soup) and a side. She chose the baked sweet potato. That was one of the things that brought us back. I opted for the bison burger and the same sweet potato. I couldn't resist a cup of the game and barley soup. We asked for a small portion of the bread pudding for dessert. It was way more than the two of us could eat.
Our server, Lori, was pleasant and reall fast. I'll go back again next time I'm in St George.

• Visited July 2012