I will be honest, I was a bit nervous when we arrived to check in. The forecourt seemed very crowded, with little space for cars to stop, and the motel rooms hanging over the car park. There were lots of youngsters in the hotel swimming pool by the entrance, jumping around and splashing. "Oh dear", I thought, "what have we done....?".
But my misgivings were unfounded. We were directed to two rooms in the rear part of the motel, where everything opened out with much more space. Our rooms were fine - large, nicely decorated and pretty quiet. The staff were also very helpful on the front desk, and seemed genuinely keen to help. (Oh, and the noisy pool was obviously a one-off, as whenever we went past again it was much calmer).
The location is great - only two blocks from the centre of St George, so you can walk to restaurants without having to drive (hooray!!). Not always the case in the US.....
By the way, it was our first trip to St George. I guess most people already know this, but it is a really nice town - the centre has some lovely historic buildings, there is a good selection of restaurants, the views are great, Zion National Park is not far away and it all feels very "liveable". So if you are in the area, it makes a great stop for a couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Coral Hills is newly remodeled and offers affordable luxury and quiet comfort with the area's beautiful golf courses only moments away. This AAA Three-Diamond property is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. The Hotel features a complimentary full/hot breakfast daily, outdoor heated swimming pool with water fountain, whirlpool, heated kids' pool, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, exercise room with treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike and universal weight machine, self-guest laundry, pickup dry cleaning/laundry, putting green, fax/photocopy services, concierge assistance, 24-hour front desk service, free parking, large vehicle parking. Best Western Coral Hills is conveniently located in the Historic District of St. George, with some of St. George's finest restaurants - 18 within 3 blocks, historic sites, and shopping within two blocks; just a few minutes off I-15 (Exit 8) and approximately six miles from Saint George Municipal Airport. All Guest rooms feature FREE wifi, high-speed Internet access, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee-makers, alarm clock radios, free newspapers, 87 local and cable stations including HBO and Disney, air-conditioning, hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, free local calls and voicemail. Local attractions and amenities within two miles include: LDS (Mormon) Temple & Visitor Center, Dixie State College, Zion Outlet Stores, Dixie Convention Center, Brigham Young Home, St. George Tabernacle, Rosenbruch World Wildlife Museum, Fiesta Family Fun Center, Bowling, Laser Tag, St. George Musical Theater, St. George Art Museum, Utah Pioneers Museum. Other area attractions include: Tuacahn Amphitheater, Dinosaur Tracks Site, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Snow Canyon State Park, Grand Canyon (North Rim), and Silver Reef Ghost Town, Lake Powell National Recreational Area and local hiking and biking trails. St. George is 120 miles/two hours north of Las Vegas, NV and 300 miles/4.5 Hours south of Salt Lake City, UT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Coral Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coral Hills Hotel St. George
- St George Best Western
- Best Western St. George
- BEST WESTERN Coral Hills St. George, Utah