“Lovely hotel, would happily stay here again”

Best Western Coral Hills
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersSilver level
Feltham, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, would happily stay here again”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My room at this hotel was lovely. I enjoyed the pool (small as it is) and found the guest laundry very useful. Breakfast was quite adequate and the hotel is well located. The only slight downside was the noisy (but very efficient!) air conditioner in the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
I’m glad your stay was satisfactory. If you let me know the room you stayed in I will make sure the noise issue had since been addressed with the a/c unit. I’ve learned to appreciate a clean, functioning laundry room since I’ve begun taking more road trips. It’s nice to have clean clothes to put away instead of having one more “chore” to do upon returning home. I would be happy to have you stay with us again.
All my best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our room was extra wide from end of bed to tv. Linens were clean. Although pool is located on a busy street it is fenced and raised and has a nice ambiance. We found a $1.50 ice cream machine and soda pop for $1.50 was well! Breakfast was not very appetizing. Check out the Iceberg Diner kiddie corner from the motel. Food was ready faster than I have ever seen! Burger was hot , tons of fries and their mini malt is not mini at all! Salon next door had room for our moms. And they do a braid or feather for under $20. Baskin Robbins had lots of flavors of ice cream. We also loved the Ace hardware store, it had lots of stuff to look at.

Room Tip: Get room 102!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
You touched on things that are not typically mentioned in a review – that’s so cool! Our Front and North Wing rooms are wider than hotels built at today’s standards, so they are more “roomy”. Those who travel a lot will notice this quickly. For guests who wish to have a full breakfast they may show their room key at the Bear Paw or 25 Main restaurants and receive a 10% discount on their ticket. They are located only one block away. I KNOW! Those Iceberg “minis” are HUGE! Every third Friday Iceberg hosts a classic car night and there are typically about 15-20 cars there. Ace Hardware is another interesting store, a little bit of everything. And surprisingly, for a hardware store they have some very pretty and fashionable clothing for sale. One place you should check out next time is FARGO’s restaurant on the way to Santa Clara. They have a meal deal worthy of Man vs Food. The person tries to eat a mountain of fries, a hamburger with 9 patties inside and a large 42oz drink – under 20 minutes. If the person can do it then the rest of the team can help polish it off. We wouldn’t want all that great food going to waste.
The Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Only stayed here a night but I loved the charm of our room. It was a little older (I think it was because we were in the back unit) but it was extremely clean and I didn't feel like it was dirty. It was well taken care of which is important. Our room was just down the hall from the indoor pool.

The location of the hotel is on a main road and is only a few minutes from the freeway and 10 minutes from Snow Canyon and Tuacahn. If you are going to explore the nearby area I'd recommend this hotel as a central location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you were only able to stay one night with us.
As you discovered, there are many fun and interesting area to visit in the downtown and surrounding areas. All the rooms have now been renovated with the 42” flat screen televisions and still have the fridge, microwaves and hair-dryer. It is an older property but the owners are constantly re-investing in the property and the staff. It’s a great place to work. Come back any time, the indoor pool is running year-round. Happy Trails and thank you for staying with us.
easton pa
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The bed was the most comfortable we have slept in! The room was spacious, we had a refrigerator, microwave, iron, hair dryer & 2 absolutely fabulous queen beds for an extremely reasonable rate!! It also included the best breakfast with not only your choice of bagels, toast or muffins, but also waffles, cereal, fresh fruit & more! We stayed in several hotels while we were in the southwestern US & this was by far the best!! The staff was very friendly & the pool was nice, as was the hot tub. We will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your compliments toward our hotel, the room amenities, the breakfast, and staff. We will definitely be looking forward to your return next year. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know.
Western Colorado
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The staff was very cooperative and pleasant. Unfortunately, the refrigerator didn't work in the first room we got, so they put us in another one. The refrigerator worked in Room #2, but the air conditioner didn't. And when it's 104 degrees in St. George, and your room is on the second floor facing the sun, you definitely want air conditioning! The third room was just right. The recent remodel was tastefully done. This was our first stay at a Best Western after a very bad experience several years ago, and we'll be using the chain again.

They do need to double check the rooms to make sure that the amenities and mechanical equipment are working. But did I mention that the front desk staff was top notch??

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Thank you for giving Best Western another try. Typically everything is top notch and “ready to go” when our guest arrive. So it is doubly embarrassing to me for what occurred with the fridge and air-conditioner. The only explanation I have is that we have been very busy this summer in addition to finishing our remodel. The two events together have caused our housekeeping and maintenance departments to be a stretched at a time and manner to which they are not accustomed. That said, they are doing a stellar job and I’m very proud of them. Thank you for complimenting them as well. They really do deserve the “top notch” comment you gave them. Hope the remainder of the Best Western’s you choose restores your confidence in the chain. Travel Safe.
Utah
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stay at Coral Hills each time we visit St. George. The family suite was booked so we reserved two adjoining rooms. The rooms had been remodeled and were very nice. There was plenty of space and our stay was enjoyable. The kids loved the pool. Our room was quiet and we didn't notice any noise from the other rooms or from the parking lot below. We stayed in the back building with the doors on inside hallways which I prefer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank hotelconscious
I wish we had more family suites on our property. I’m glad the staff was able to get the adjoining rooms for you. Depending upon the season, we can sometimes offer two adjoin rooms for close to the same cost as a family suite. What is nice, that for about the same rate, there is an additional bed, bathroom and a little more space. We are getting close to the end of our remodel as our new sitting chairs and pictures are being put into the rooms in the East Wing where you enjoy staying. Have a great day!
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This Best Western is better than the other Best Western on St. Geroge Blvd., in St. George, Utah. However, even thought the other Best Western is a total dump and should definitely be avoided, this remodeled one gives you NO privacy in the bathroom area whatsoever. So if you are an exhibitionist you would be very happy here, but if you do not want everyone in the room to see you naked while you are getting ready, I would definitely avoid this hotel. The reason, there are mirrored closet doors that reveal everything that is going on on the bathroom with no way whatsoever to block the view from the main room - NO door, NO partition to the reflection, NO where to hide! - just let it all hang out! Personally, I do not want the other person in the room to see my every move in the bathroom, so I was pretty pissed to be staying there as I am a very private person. Also, when we checked in the light bulbs in the bathroom were burned out - the people before us were probably as pissed as me and knocked the lights out so they could have a little privacy. Take my advise, there are plenty of other really nice places to in St. George to stay, so if you don't want your roommate to see you naked in the stupid ill-placed mirrors AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Look for a nicer place to stay that is not on Blvd
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WorldSprinter18
Thank you for your compliments regarding our recent remodel.
Apart from the placement of the closet door mirrors and the lights I presume the remainder of your experience with us went well. I hope your time in St. George and the remainder of your trip went well.

I’m disappointed and surprised with your review for a few reasons.
I do not understand how our sister Best Western is a “dump” as all three Best Western’s in St. George have been extensively remodeled. It also did not expound or take into account your experience with our services, staff, or various amenities we offer.
Yes, I agree; a person lying on the far bed can see a reflection into the vanity area (not to be confused with the privacy of the bathroom). I understand your perspective regarding the mirrored closets and do sympathize.
Fifty eight or our ninety eight rooms have a different floor plan. Since this is a concern, if/when you do choose to return, a different room type is available and need only be requested. I am very sorry this caused you such dissatisfaction with your experience with us.
I apologize that not all the light bulbs were working. I did not find any comments regarding light bulbs on the maintenance board. This tells me that no guests or housekeeping made our front desk or maintenance departments aware of the needed replacements. I will review this incident with housekeeping in case it was our own failure.
Thank you for your contributions to the TripAdvisor website Have a great day and happy traveling!

[For the benefit of those reading this response; the forty mirrored closet doors in question were not part this recent remodel but installed six years ago. I brought this issue to the attention of the General Manager and the Front Desk Manager. The three of us have worked here since before their installation and this is only the second time the same comment has been brought to our attention. This suggests to me that, though valid, it is not as grave a concern for the majority of our guests and most exhibitionists will be disappointed.]