“St George Retro Stayover”

Best Western Travel Inn
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ride motorcycles all over the country and always try to stay off the main highway with all the new hotels simply because the new hotels don't have any stories to tell or character. They are simply card board boxes with 22 year old deskclerks that haven't done much living. The travel Inn had the older look that interested us with all the glass windows but was updated with all the updates that make traveling a pleasure. The pool and the jacuzzin were great to sooth out all those muscles from a long days ride.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the first floor so they are all very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MeanStreetRiders
Austin S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for the review! We were pleased to have you stay with us! We work hard to create the best experience possible for our valued guests!! :)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I usually drive straight through St George, but stayed one time & now I plan on staying here. The room was comfortable, clean, the wi-fi was free and I had no issues with speed or availability. The complimentary breakfast included fresh scrambled eggs (not eggbeaters) and sausage along with yogurt, fruit, waffles, pastry, coffee, juice. I posted a picture of my breakfast on FaceBook & had positive feedback on that!
The room had a refrigerator (a must-have for my cooler), & microwave, hair dryer, iron & board. The decor was contemporary & attractive & bed was comfortable. I had a desk & a small table. The a/c functioned well enough I turned it off while sleeping & the room maintained a cool temp.
My first time I was able to park at my door, the second night I arrived after mid-night & got the last room. I had to park in the secondary lot which was not convenient, but hey, I had a nice room, so not complaining.
The staff at this BW is the best! All of them were friendly & so welcoming! I truly enjoyed my stay!

Only one downside was finding sufficient outlets to recharge my growing collection of electronics, which is reason I rated the room 4 circles.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank glendoratraveller

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! That's awesome you had likes on the picture of the breakfast you put on facebook! Thanks again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When I stay here I usually rent the suite, which is room 121 and 122. The door to room 122 was open when I got there. To close the door we had to slam it and hold it shut to lock the deadbolt. We left it like that because my Mother was staying in that room and could not close the door herself. So I went to the office before check out to report this situation. The girl behind the counter could not understand what I was talking about. She asked if I wanted another room, no, I was checking out. She was looking at me like I had twenty heads. She didn't know what to say to me, She offered a discount, no, that is not what I wanted. I got very frustrated with her and left the office. She followed me back to the room and tried again to offer me something, so one of the people I was traveling with had to tell her to report it to her maintenance person to have it fixed. I am not to sure why it was so hard to understand that the door to the room would not close unless it was forced. I was just trying to make them aware of an issue with the motel, I was not asking for anything for myself. This is the first issue I have had here, ever, and this is my favorite place to stay in St. George, and I am in St. George a lot. So, if you check in and you are given room 122, check the door to make sure that you can close it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adventur59

Thanks for taking the time to write this review for us! I apologize about the experience you had with reporting the broken door. Thanks for letting us know of the problem so we can repair it and improve our ability to provide service. We truly value your business!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was traveling back to California from Wyoming and had driven about 10 hours. The staff was accommodating and kept the jacuzzi open longer so I could use it! Super thankful for that! Room was large and clean. Breakfast was good. Good price. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Lalaismyname
Austin S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you were able to experience our front desk team going the extra mile to help you have a more comfortable stay! Thanks again and have a great day! :)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was the second night of a 2 week plus trip. The room was clean, and the price was reasonable. The price we paid was reasonable. The only thing to say about the room was the door to the room didnot match the frame of the door and needs repair. otherwise i would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldestpenguin

Thank you for the review! We truly appreciate feedback and are continually looking for ways to improve our property, rooms and service! I am glad that you found the room clean and comfortable! :)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our first night on a 17 day vacation and it started out great. The motel was clean and in a nice area of town. The staff was friendly and recommended a real nice bar and grill ,George's Corner. The room rate was good, breakfast was good, the bed was good. We parked right in front of the room which made convenient unloading and loading. If all the Best Westerns were like this I would be very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim C
Austin S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you so much for the review! I am pleased to hear that you had such a great experience here with us! We truly strive to give the best service possible to our valued guests and exceed expectations! :)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I made a reservation by the web, and confirmed with the front desk by phone call about 1-2 months before the arrival day.
When i got to the hotel they were saying that a mistake was made by them so me and my family don't have a room for the night because they are full.
I do not recommend making a reservation to this hotel if you want to ensure yourself a shelter for the night. maybe you will arrive and find out that someone forgot to deal with your reservation and that the place is sold out.
The only compensation they agreed to give was a 50$ of the alternative hotel stay (out of more then 115$ of the reservation and the alternative hotel cost).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shayash
ewittwer18, Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Very Rarley does a mistake happen like this. We apologize for the inconvience and the mistake. We did find comparable accomodations for your family and did compensate you for the mistake. I do hope you would give us another chance to provide accomodations for you next time you are in the St. George area. We try really hard to make every guests experience positive. Thank you for the review.