“Great Hotel for a Family”

Best Western Travel Inn
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Hotel for a Family”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just stayed over night here on our way to Disneyland. Didn't stay on the main level but around the back on the basement level.

Our room had 3 beds in it: 2 queens and a double that was partially sectioned off for privacy. We were worried noise was going to be a problem because there was a high school band event going on and all the rooms were filled with high school students. But we never heard anything. No stomping above us. No loud talking and playing around us. It was very quiet which is great.

We didn't discover the closet in the room until we were leaving it was hidden behind a full length mirror on the wall. It had an iron, luggage rack and so forth. It would have been nice to figure that out when we got there as we were kind of confused about where to put all of our belongings.

The room has a microwave and fridge. So we could make our own breakfast in the morning.

The continental breakfast was very basic. Coffee, bagels, cereal, etc. But still very good for what they offered.

The beds were very comfortable. I was surprised by how nice the hotel was. The rooms are better than the exterior looks like it will be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sam W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your way to disneyland! I hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation. It is always good to hear when our guests are having possitive experiences. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My sons stayed at this hotel while on a two-week road trip across the country. On this particular night, they were having trouble finding a hotel to rent them a room for the night because of their age (both 18). They called home saying they were near St. George and needed help finding a room. When I called the hotel, Vicky (sp.?) was extremely helpful. She had one room left and would rent it my sons, asking for their names, expected arrival, what kind of car they were driving. I called my sons back and talked to them until they arrived at the hotel. Vicky was waiting at the door for them. Got them all taken care of and even was able to reduce the bill a bit since they would be staying for a few hours only. The room was spacious and clean, newly updated. What made the experience amazing for my sons was the help and service Vicky provided!! They plan to make this hotel one of their planned stops for their next trip out west! Thanks for the great service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your nice comments. Our staff here at the Best Western Travel Inn strive to make every guests experience fantastic! We really appreciate you staying with us. Have a wonderful day!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I decided at teh last moment to stop in St. George, Utah. As Best Western Rewards members, we like to stay at Best Western properties whenever possible. I checked online via my phone and found Travel Inn. We stopped and found a room was available.

The price was great. The room looked like it had jut been redone. Everything was clean. The decor was very nice. Best of all, the bed was comfortable. The room was very small but all we needed.

Continental breakfast was good but nothing extraordinary. Service was outstanding. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. My wife and I both liked our stay and will stay there again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sam W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Terry,
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate the kind comments about your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the compliments towards the staff and mentioning that we are a great value. We hope to see you again!
san diego
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I enjoyed a stay here in a freshly decorated and painted room. It's in the older part of town but nothing appears run down in St. George. There was very little traffic noise. The staff was friendly and courteous. The continental breakfast was convenient and adequate.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the AAA rate
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sam W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your kind comments. It is our pleasure to have you and we hope to see you again. Have a nice day!
Orem, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went to Saint George with my eleven year old son for a 35 mile Bicycling event and wanted a decently priced clean room and that's what I got. The hot tub was clean, large, hot, and felt really good. I didn't try the pool, but it was full of kids having fun, so I assume it was pretty good too. The hot tub is inside but the pool is outside so the weather might affect them some.

I had a roof box on the truck, so I had to enter and leave by the single lane beside the carport by the office. The breakfast was average, nothing special, but at least it was well stocked and clean.

The staff was really friendly and helpful, even bagging up some warm cookies when I checked in, and a personal email from the manager telling about various things coming up in the future. Very cool.

There are a couple of chain drug stores, ice cream and sandwich shops all within about 10 minutes walk and you're only about 15 minutes walk from the heart of downtown. The access from the highway was easy and traffic wasn't too bad on either Friday or Saturday.

I would totally stay here with the rest of the family next time we go down that way.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool on West side are a bit noisier until pool closing. Park your car and take a walk to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sam W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us Charles! I would imagine that the hot tub was relaxing after participating in a 35 mile Bicycling event. I hope you did well and you and your son enjoyed yourself while visiting Southern Utah. You mentioned that you would like to come back with the whole family. Thank you for that. Just so you do know we do have large family rooms that can accommodate families quite well. It has two queens and a third double bed. We hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We used this hotel as a base to visit Zion NP and Bryce Canon NP. Our room was very clean, comfortable and well equiped, so we could get our rest to visit these parks. The Staff from the desk clerk to housekeeping were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was clean and well attended to, so items were kept full and area very clean.
We got more bang for our buck at this hotel! We would stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sam W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Travel Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing us as your "base" while visiting Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Next time your in Southern Utah we look forward to seeing you again. Have a wonderful day! :)
La Verne, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Travel Inn, St George. Made reservations on the road. When I checked in I was given an excellent review of various restaurants in the immediate area. That was very helpful to know the better places to eat. My room was very clean, updated, and bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I will continue to stay at the Travel Inn. Fast check out in the very early a.m.

Room Tip: All rooms I've stay in here have been very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear of your possitive experience here at the Best Western Travel Inn! Our staff enjoy helping guests feel comfortable while visiting Southern Utah. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!