“Disappointed”

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Las Vegas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I was disappointed with our stay at the St George Comfort Inn. Beginning with check in, the front desk staff was disinterested at best. While I would not go as far as to call them rude, they were not helpful in any way and almost seemed annoyed by our 11:30 pm arrival. They then called our room around midnight to say that the guests below us were complaining out our noise. In reality, the 3 of us were in bed nearly asleep and had not made any noise during the 30 minutes we'd been there. I was able to hear the man next door to us clearing his throat all night long, so I can only assume that the floors and walls are VERY thin, thus leading the guests below to complain about us.
I was not happy about the cockroach I found in our bathroom the next morning. I was even less happy about the cockroach I found in the dining room during the substandard breakfast. All in all, not an impressive stay. Next time I'll go back to the Marriott.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We arrived at midnight and were excited to find a quick pit-stop place to get some shut eye before leaving at 6:30am the following morning. Not only was the price right, but the AAA discount was an added bonus. We were surprised to find a spacious, exceptionally clean and A/C cooled room on the ground floor. The only disappointment was that the pillows seemed to be smaller than standard and not very comfortable (note to self, always travel with pillows from home!). Breakfast was the standard flair...scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, cereal, etc...would have loved to see some chopped melon and more fruit, but beggars can't be choosers. It was a very nice stay!!! Will stay again if we end up in St. George again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We had left Mexico because of the H1N1 Virus and found ourselves at this hotel whilst visiting relatives. We stayed for one week and were very surprised by this modest hotel. the lobby area is very nice, even impressive. The rooms were clean, air conditioned (a must in St. George!) and there is a nice swimming pool. The jacuzzi is in a room off the pool with a sliding glass door, which is a little awkward and very hot during the heat of the day.

There is a nice breakfast buffet which is free. There was a good variety for this hotel- waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, English muffins, cereal... the whole nine yards! And the price was very reasonable.

Housekeeping did a half-hearted job, vacuuming only twice during the week, and only chaning bed linens when I directly asked for it, and we had a knock at the door each day we were there asking if we were going to stay an additional day!

The only mix-up was that we were told we could bring my daughter's dog (who was from St. George but came to be with us) and were surprised by an additional charge at check-out. Apparently the hotel was inbetween managers and it took weeks to get the charge deducted, but it was eventually deducted with apologies.

We will chose to stay here again for the value, nice breakfast and family atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Comfortinngm098, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Convention Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for your comment. We greatly appreciate it. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping for knocking on your room everyday. I have taken your comments to heart and spoke with my head housekeeper.
Thank you.
Tlish1234
Reviewed June 17, 2009

This is by far the nicest Comfort Inn I've ever stayed at. The whole property is immaculate. The rooms are large and clean. The beds are very comfortable and I love their pillows. The amenitites are great. They have and indoor and an outdoor hot tub and a nice pool. Also the breakfast is wonderful! There are so many options, eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, cereal, etc. etc. etc. I can't wait until I get to come back to beautiful St. George. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Book a room, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
vernal
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This has to be hands down the best Comfort Inn I have ever stayed at. I ususally stay at 4 star or better but due to the eceonomy I tried to stay a little more on a budget and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spaciu=ous and relaxing. The breakfast was very filling and included all of the usual items, it was also included in the price. The pool is very nice, it has the cutest lizards tiled into the bottom of it and my kids just loved that. Overall I was very happy that I had chosen to stay at this new comfort inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Idaho
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn many times. We have always found it to be very accomidating. The rooms are beautiful, and very clean. A special point is the breakfast. They have a variety of choices. We have found the employees to be very helpful and eager to be of service. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel May 2009. The pool area was fabulous. It was all new and there was so much seating that everyone had a seat. The property is well maintained and the rooms are spacious. The business center was easy to access and I was able to check my e-mails and print my boarding passes. The breakfast is excellent. They provide bacons, eggs, and waffles free with the room, The front desk was helpful in giving me assistance with directions and local attractions. My family and I will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family