“Great Location, Nice Stay”

Comfort Inn at Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What we really liked about this hotel was it's convenient location - right off the 15 and easy navigation to the rest of town. Room was clean, spacious and quiet. Bathroom was small, but newly upgraded with granite and kept clean and well stocked. We also had a small fridge, closet space, coffee/tea and coffee maker too. Beds were o.k., halls were quiet, room was cool in the heat of summer. Yes, the TV was from the 90s, some of the furniture and linens were older, but for the price we paid (under 80), I'm not complaining! Plenty of parking, easy check in/out w/ friendly staff, free Wi-Fi, and free small breakfast too. Husband and son used the pool/spa and had a good time! Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! P.S. If you're sensitive to outside noises (parking lot, people next door, TVs, etc...) and don't mind "white noise" just use the wall temp.unit to run the window fan - blocks all outside noises and keeps your room cool.

Room Tip: We had a room facing parking lot on ground floor and it was fine. Just keep your curtain closed, un...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nickel128
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn at Convention Center

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stopped here for 1 night on my way to Bryce Canyon. The Inn is very clean and conveniently located off I-15. The rate was reasonable and the complimentary breakfast was quite comprehensive, If you are looking for a quick halt in Saint George, this is one place worth considering.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Man, for the price you can't beat this place. Great, spacious rooms, great pool & exercise room. The contineal breakfast was pretty darn good too. Plenty of food with Biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, and all the other normal stuff.
Best of all was the friendliness of the staff. Great people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a large carpeted room on the first floor near a door. $10 extra charge for my dog. The room was poolside but the window fan covered all noise. The bed was clean with quality linens and many nice pillows. There were thick bath towels and very hot water for a nice bath. Huge gravel lot for walking the dog. Coffee in room. I stayed one night and did not eat their breakfast. Good, strong wifi signal- I was able to watch Netflx on my iPad. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great pet room. Better than most. Zero odor, no sign of it being a dedicated pet room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very good hotel and staff were really helpful. A little bit away from the main centre of St George but only a 5 min drive from food oulets etc although a restricted number on doorstep. Pool area was more like a building site but we did not have time to use this.

Room Tip: Some rooms on ground floor face the pool - great if you have kids and/or want to use the pool but th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A modern and fairly new hotel. It is immaculate inside and out. It has a large pool, 2 whirlpool tubs and a fitness room. The complimentary continental breakfast has something for everyone. And the pillows will put you to sleep quick. All for under $85 / night! I have stayed there 3 times now in the past 9 months and will return every time I am in St George for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had reservations for 4 nights and actually checked out early to find somewhere better. The beds are terrible, the rooms are dingy and rundown, the tv is from 1990. You could hear people talking in the rooms above and beside. We heard tvs all night long. Our room had a view of the parking lot, and the cars were so close to our window that we couldn't open our blinds without everyone seeing into our room. The a/c runs and runs and you either freeze or burn up. The hallway a/c doesn't work.. it must be about 110 degrees in the hallways. The drink machines were sold out on all the drinks. We went to the pool one night.. and there were no pool towels.. so I went to the front desk to ask for pool towels. The front desk clerk told me that the hotel was so full of guests that they ran out of pool towels and would not be bringing any more out that day. I asked her if we were just supposed to freeze when we got out of the pool with no towel, and she said, "yes, I guess you will have to" . I had a baby already in the pool with my husband and no way to cover him up when he got out. The breakfast was "ok".. it wasn't well stocked... and the milk we poured on our cereal turned out to be rotten.. Our family travels all the time and we have stayed in tons of hotels, this was one of the worst. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family