“A Horrible and Terrible Place”

Comfort Inn at Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Do not come to this hotel. Because I was stuck in traffic and arrived at almost one o'clock mountain time, I was tired and needed to rest immediately. However, the front clerk, Juan, it sounded like to me, would only give us a room that a pet stayed in. I have horrible allergies and I'm allergic to dogs and cats and many other animals, so I was very unhappy about it. I threatened to file a complaint when he still refused to give me another room. But, magically, after I said I would file a complaint, he suddenly became quiet and gave me a room that a pet hadn't stayed in. It actually turned out there was a room that available that a pet hadn't stayed in. What a liar! The room was also very unpleasant. The beds were dirty, and they were not comfortable at all. Also, the bathroom, it seemed, had not been cleaned from the last stay because there was trash everywhere and not new towels. I stayed there for another day, and I left my computer and ipod touch to charge. When I returned, they were gone and the beds were changed. It only meant one thing: the maids had stole them. I was infuriated about what happened and reported it to the front desk, who ignored me and said that their maids hadn't stole my belongings. The breakfast was very disgusting, and it tasted so bad. The cereal tasted hard and was barely able to eat, the eggs and sausages were so bad, and were definitely made from powder and simply defrosted, and the waffles were so bad, with a fly baked in it. The brealfast room itself was so crowded, it was like attending a wedding reception. There were no seats, so I had to evacuate to my room. The maids also didn't want to replace anything, so in the end, I barely got to eat any food and had to go to McDonalds to buy a breakfast to fill my stomach up. Since then, I am absolutely not returning to that stupid and horrible place again. Please do not come to this horrendous place at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Obok15
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn at Convention Center

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here and was very impressed with speed of checking, price, and friendliness. This motel was packed but did not hear a thing from my rooms. Even the halls were quiet. Great for a rest after a long day. Even kept pool area open late for guests. Will visit again when in area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The lobby, rooms and breakfast area are elegant and clean. The front desk personnel were polite and helpful. HOWEVER, we could hear conversations people were having in the room next to us on one side. Then on the other side when they were there the TV was on and was horrifically noisy. The sound reverberated into our room. We happened to have pleasant neighbors though as I called and apologized for bothering them but asked them if they could turn the television down as we were trying to sleep. Nice people - they did turn it down. The doors to the rooms in this hotel also do that obligatory 'hotel slam' knock you out of bed noise also.

I added an extra star because the air conditioning vent against the wall was very loud (white noise) and there was an option to keep it on continuously, which did drown out some of the noise. The room also stayed very cool in extreme hot temperatures.

Room Tip: Third floor at the end of the hall, so you will only have one neighbor and won't have anyone on...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family and I have stayed here many times, and we have been very pleased each time we've stayed.. I'm not sure what people expect for the low price you pay, but I think everything is very clean, staff has been very nice, and the breakfast is always yummy!! We'll be back soon =)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Provo, Utah to visit family and we decided to stay in St George on the way. I was so impressed by this hotel and how nice our room was. We picked a king suite and when we walked in, I absolutely loved how it looked, the spaciousness and cleanliness of the room. You can tell they really take pride in this hotel. I would never have thought a Comfort Inn would be this nice, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was also very impressed by the great breakfast they served, unlike other hotels who just put a few things out that are "complimentary" This hotel had it all! I will stay here every time we go to St. George and would highly recommend it to anyone! Thanks Comfort Inn, for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cindyt_93
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place is exceptional. Our room ( a king) was large and clean and well-appointed. The pool is great, andq has a hot tub which is both indoor/outdoor. If you are visiting Zion National Park, I strongly recommend staying here rather than in Hurricane. It is a great value!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor - very convenient for loading.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

spent there almost a week with my wife (moved there after running away from a terrible place but that's another review...). clean, nice and convenient rooms, free internet that works ok, facilities for coffee, a fridge and a micro, all working well. very nice (small though) pool and 2 Jacuzzis one indoor, nice. breakfast, well...there a lot of it but the quality is not very good. located in the convention center but location in St. George is not an issue. the service was reasonable, so in general, there is nothing outstanding but the whole package (price included) is ok.

Room Tip: as far as possible from the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple