“One of the best Comfort Inns!”

Comfort Inn at Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Springfield, Virginia
“One of the best Comfort Inns!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place is exceptional. Our room ( a king) was large and clean and well-appointed. The pool is great, andq has a hot tub which is both indoor/outdoor. If you are visiting Zion National Park, I strongly recommend staying here rather than in Hurricane. It is a great value!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor - very convenient for loading.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed June 12, 2012

spent there almost a week with my wife (moved there after running away from a terrible place but that's another review...). clean, nice and convenient rooms, free internet that works ok, facilities for coffee, a fridge and a micro, all working well. very nice (small though) pool and 2 Jacuzzis one indoor, nice. breakfast, well...there a lot of it but the quality is not very good. located in the convention center but location in St. George is not an issue. the service was reasonable, so in general, there is nothing outstanding but the whole package (price included) is ok.

Room Tip: as far as possible from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cobden, Illinois
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The room was very clean, staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was perfect.

Room Tip: we stayed there two different times and any room was good.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
California City, California
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here with my mother during a road trip. The lobby looks really nice and makes a good first impression, but that's really all there is to this place. First, the clerk checking us in was completely disinterested and apathetic, not terribly welcoming. She just looked bored. We drove around the back to the entrance near our room...which was right next to the guest laundry and ice machine. The place was pretty empty when we arrived... we saw maybe 4-5 cars parked outside, tops, and we get put in a room by the laundry room, ice machine and entry way? Ugh. We had reservations, too, weren't walk-ins. As we walked in to go to our room we both noticed a VERY ripe smell, something akin to a dirty diaper or vomit. It was pretty foul. The smell was not in the room, though.

I went to the desk to tell them about the smell. The clerk and a housekeeper walked by but neither of them said they could smell anything and insisted nothing was wrong. Well, who was I to argue with their noses, but I tell you...it smelled bad in that hallway!

The "business center" is a computer and printer next to some vending machines in the lobby behind the desk. Anyone walking in the hall can see what you are doing on the computer, and as I was going to talk with the staff about the smell, there was a woman on the phone looking at the computer discussing a problem that she had, a very personal problem. I couldn't help but see and hear it all and I was pretty uncomfortable. I suspect this person was an employee or knew the housekeeper because she later joined the housekeeper as they were checking for the smell and they were talking as if they knew each other.

When we tried to go to bed, we had a tough time getting to sleep because there was was much noise coming from neighboring rooms. We were hearing voices, loud music, feet and even a crying baby next door. We weren't sure where it was coming from, but I tried to call the front desk to inquire and they didn't answer. We gave up and cranked the fan in order to help cover the noise, but it was only minimally helpful.

Even worse than the noise?? The stupid spotlights that they have right underneath the window (we were on the first floor). Even with the curtains closed, in the dark of night, half the room was lit up as if it were daylight. I woke up so many times and I had to check the clock for the time because with the light, I couldn't tell if it was still dark out or not. The beds were not very comfortable, either. The desk chair had a huge stain on it, too. The shower had very little water pressure. At least the refrigerator worked. The wifi connection was great until about 9:00pm when people started showing up and using it, then it tanked and was completely useless until the morning.

The breakfast spread the next day was okay, but nothing special. I went in early, too, before 7:00am and the scrambled eggs were gray, the bacon had not been drained properly and the cranberry orange juice was really watered down. We weren't impressed at all.

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floor if you need a totally dark room to sleep, because the outside spotlights shin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Yerington, Nevada
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Unfortunately, I hadn't read the reviews before booking here and then it was too late to cancel. The rooms have NO (I do mean NO) insulation. The couple in the room next to us arrived about 10:30 and talked and other activities until 2:00. I could hear EVERYTHING!!! I finally turned on the fan to the air conditioner to try to block out the noise and finally got a few hours of sleep. The hotel was clean, looked nice, but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is my second time staying here. I don't know why I didn't go back to the Quality Inn for a better price, or the Clarion Suites for a superior experience. The beds are OK and the property looks beautiful from the lobby and when one first walks in the rooms. My king room was large and had both Ethernet and wireless. I prefer wired internet since it's faster. Some of the amenities were missing and the toilet paper was the thinnest single ply I've ever seen. Better TP is sold at the dollar store. The front desk staff was super, but the housekeepers are not well supervised and don't speak much English. My guess is that the owner built a great property, but is a really cheap operator. Either save a few bucks and stay at the Quality Inn or spend about the same amount and stay at the Clarion Suites. They're only a few blocks away with a better location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff H
Ammon, Idaho, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have never slept on such an aweful mattress. I serously thought that someone had switched the box spring for the mattress. The mattress was nothing more than a box spring with blanket on top. We didn't sleep due to sandpaper sheets, noisy pillows (must have the child protection cover on them) and the noisy air conditioner that seemed to go on and off every 5 minutes. During breakfast, we also overhead two other families complaining about their mattresses.

The breakfast we okay but had to ask on two different occasions to have items filled. You'd be lucky if you found a piece of fruit on the bar.

While checking out, the clerk asked us how our stay was. We mentioned "Ok". They asked how come just "Ok". We proceeded to tell them that the fan didn't seem to work in the bathroom. The clerk immediately grabbed a manager (guessing this was a hot topic for her to quickly grab a manager) who explained that they had a high tech whole hotel fan and it was working. The technology stunk because it didn't seem to do anything. We also explained that the mattresses were aweful and woke up with achy backs. She quickly spouted off that the mattresses were of excellent quality (I guess she must be sleeping on a concrete block to think that those mattresses were nice). We also mentioned that the lamp next to bed had a burned out light bulb and she quickly stated that she couldn't control everything. I'm not sure why she asked how our stay was if they didn't want to hear.

If you want to sleep in sandpaper (the sheets were rough), on a box spring, smell vinegar in the halls and have poor customer service than this hotel is for you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family