“Spotlessly clean, great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Motel

Chalet Motel
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Vancouver, Washington
“Spotlessly clean, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good experience staying at The Chalet. I paid under $60 for a room so clean you could eat off the carpet. Bed had a great mattress. Owners are very nice people. Small kitchenette in my room. Really not a thing negetive I could say. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Chalet is conveniently located for a quick stop in St. George. The room was nice and modern. It was also spacious with plenty of room for luggage. We slept closest to the street but never heard a thing. The couple that owns the motel was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank qkh2013
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Chalet motel. Clean, family oriented and the owners were just the most accomodating, friendly hosts we've encountered in our travels. We really loved Sharon and Ruben and they made our stay awesome! The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is a gem of a hotel and we would totally stay here again if in the area! THanks Ruben and Sharon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KentuckyTravelBug80
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night recently at the Chalet Motel en route to Colorado from Los Angeles. I have to admit some trepidation before arrival as the charge for a single room was only $38.00! Still, the reviews on trip advisor were very positive. Once again, my fellow travelers didn't let me down. The Chalet is not fancy but the room was spotless. We had a comforatable king bed, an nice bath/shower combo and vanity, leather couch and small sitting area, large kitchen area with a full sized (stainless!) fridge, sink, and microwave. The innkeepers were friendly and helpful, offering suggestions for restaurants, etc. We woke up very early the next morning to play golf (before the temperature reached 106!) I wished we were staying another night. We take this road trip quite often and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lizafaye1
Goleta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I were skeptical about the positive ratings and reasonable price, but after staying here, we couldn't agree more! Very nice and clean rooms, with a tempurpedic bed, granite counter tops, television and internet. The sweetest couple manages the place too! I left my camera battery charger there, and not only did they track me down, they mailed it to me right away as well! I couldn't be happier with the service, and the rooms were amazing for the price!

Room Tip: Room 207 did not share any walls with other rooms, but it did not have a kitchenette.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bret C
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I read about The Chalet in a travel book and decided to give it a try while I was on backpacking trip and needed a break from sleeping on the ground. I walked up and got a room easily. The staff was very helpful and gave me a map of St. George and a list of restaurants. They also pointed me to the nearest grocery store.

The room had a kitchen and fridge. Excellent! The kitchen chairs could use a little cleaning, however. No big deal. My main problem was that the blinds let in too much light. I sleep late and this is always a problem for me. I had to clip my tent and footprint over the blinds to block the light. Next time I will bring a small tarp for the window.

Overall I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ES335L4
Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place was a nice suprise for the $38 a night I paid. The couple that is running this place ( might be the owners), were very nice and helpful. They let us know of local places for eating and entertainment. Is close to the highway and food and shopping, The room was very clean and large. Within walking distance of a few fast food places and a small store. They also came around to let us know ahead of time, there would be repair work done on the road. Would stay here again if coming this way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family