“Very Neat and Clean”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Neat and Clean”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a first class hotel..The room was big and clean and very comfortable....Also the hotel owners were very nice and took time to give us directions and maps to the nearby scenic locations....We spent a few nightly hours there so would not be able to tell much more but I would stress on the fact that the room was very very clean and the beds very comfortable....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank amarta g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights last week (April 13 & 14, 2013). Our room was very clean and comfortable; it had a surprisingly large bathroom with granite counter tops. We were pleased and satisfied with the room and the service. The real quality of the owners and employees came out after we had checked out and left.
I had put my 2 rings (my wedding band and a cherished High School ring that belonged to an uncle who I never got to meet in this life) in the night stand drawer, and forgot them. That afternoon I received a call from the owner, Sharon. She let me know that the housekeeper had found my rings, so I made arrangements to pick them up on our way back through St. George a couple of days later.
I appreciated that the housekeeper is so very thorough in her duties that she found them before someone else did, and that she is an honest person who would do the right thing and make sure they were returned to the owner. In addition, I was grateful that the owners find and retain such great people as employees who serve us as we would hope to be served.
I have retrieved my rings and thanked them in person. And now I thank them publicly for providing clean, attractive, and comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price.
My wife and I most favorably recommend this motel to all. We feel honored to have stayed there and to have met these good people, and we will stay again and again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ron B
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Chalet Motel in St. George after a long day of hiking in Zion National Park. We didn't have high expectations based on the low price, but this motel was a pleasant surprise. The wireless internet didn't connect at first, for no apparent reason. However we went to dinner, and when we returned tried it again, and then it worked fine. Parking was right in front of the room, which makes luggage handling super easy. The motel is located on a fairly busy street, but we had no trouble getting to sleep. Walkable restaurants were few. The Mexican place down the street (around the 400 block) seemed extremely popular, but the wait was so long we skipped it in favor of the café across the street from the motel. Had great panini there; nothing fancy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peter D
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay at the Chalet after reading all the positive reviews. About 100 miles outside of St. George I made a reservation for a week stay at what I thought at the time was a good rate. We arrived after a long journey to find that our reservation was appearently not kept. During the process of finding an available room the man at the counter asked us so many questions about where we were from and what we were doing in town that I suspect that he was being nosy. He apologized for the inconvenience and gave us a discount which we pretty much had to get into an argument the next day to get them to honor. Finally we got a room which was clean and comfortable, the only bad part was the door to the adjacent room where I could make out the neighbor's conversation without trying to.
Next morning I had a long ordeal with management trying get them to honor the price agreed on. It was very confusing, esp. since they overcharged for the 1st night. They made us very uncomfortable and I finally just had to up and leave to find another motel. Thanks guys!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank jmdjmd
DC
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place was very spacious, and clean. The rooms were updated, and the accommodations were to our satisfaction. The managers Sharon and her husband were extremely accommodating and provided excellent customer service. Couldn't have stayed at a better place during our visit to St. George.

Room Tip: There are 2 floors, so if you are travelling with a lot of luggage, you may want to stay on the 1st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Telluride
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The great reviews tempted us to try it. We found a spacious, clean, newly remodeled room with bar sink and refrigerator , granite counters . Spacious bath and comfortable queen beds. The receptionist was extremely nice and helpful. The value was much more than what we have paid at more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: We had an end room ,#111 which is farthest from the street .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 4dayweekender
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night in March of this year. The Motel is very small, and located in a busier area of St George. Outside, the place looks like nothing special, but ok. The rooms however where nicely updated inside, and, it was very clean.

I stayed in a room right near the Main street in St George, but I was not disturbed when sleeping, since theres not alot of traffic late at night there, and the room was pretty quite when I was awake.

I had the same issue with the Television as mentioned in other reviews, it was hard to see the TV from the bed.

Internet service is free, and was very good

Its in close driving distance to places to eat. I would suggest the Black Bear Diner which is about a 10 min drive, and excellent food, and serves breakfast all day. They are alway busy, but usually only a 15 min wait time even when very busy.

This Motel is family run and operated, and has more of a relaxed atmosphere, so you would need to keep that in mind if you were expecting more than that. And thier office is closed in the earlier morning hours, or was when we stayed there.

The cost is extremely low, and a good value.

I would stay here again, and suggest it to someone else as a good standard Motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family