All reviews olive garden fire pit indoor and outdoor pools zion national park microwave and fridge top floor lobby area nice hotel hot tub clean rooms king suite coffee maker convenient location marriott target george st
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We usually love Marriott, but the "conference center" was rented for a wedding reception with a DJ on the night be stayed (Friday). I have no idea how management thought a DJ and a hotel full of non-wedding guests were a match. The music did end at 9 pm, but the wedding guests were still loud and yelling outside. The amazing part is that we were on the 3rd floor....what did it sound like on the other lower floors? The staff helped us as much as they could by switching our room at 9:30 pm, but it was still a pain. We also got a free night due to the problem, but I would have rather had the nice relaxing evening we expected and paid for in the first place. We won't be staying there again unless they change their conference room rental policy to keep it to nice, quiet business conferences. Ask before you stay or just stay elsewhere, there are tons of choices in this town.

Room Tip: Make sure there isn't a party with a DJ in their conference center for the night you stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Russell C, Manager at Courtyard St. George, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott St George does have a Conference Center that is used for conferences, luncheons, dinners, retreats, weddings, etc. We do realize the location of the conference center could possibly have an affect on our guests stay so we have placed a time requirement on all music or loud activity in this center to be shut down at 9pm. We feel this is a timeframe that can work with most of our guests and still give our event attendees the ability to still have the kind of event they want. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed the weekend there on a girl's trip. The hotel lobby is open, inviting and beautifully designed. We stayed on the 2nd floor, overlooking the valley and I couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel was central to the freeway, restaurants and shopping, but tucked away against a hillside so it was a bit more private and quiet. The bedding was extremely comfortable and they had four pillows on each bed. The pool and outside area was absolutely beautiful, landscaping, furniture, pool and patios.

There were a couple things I wish were a bit different. I would have liked earlier pool hours because it was freaking hot and I wanted to swim before 10 a.m. Also, it would have been nice if complimentary coffee was offered to hotel guests in the morning. Small, third world problems for such a beautiful location.

I hope to go there again!

Room Tip: The higher the better - ask for a west facing room so you can look over the valley rather than a rock wall. Also, not all rooms had patios, I would request one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your great review. We love it when our guests enjoy their stay and have a chance to see and experience our newly renovated hotel. I am sorry that you were not able to get to the swimming pools until 10am. Our pools are scheduled to open at 7am daily so I am sorry for the delayed opening when you stayed with us. Also, the next time you are with us please give our front desk a call and we will be more than happy to bring you up as many complimentary coffee packets as you would like for your coffee maker in your room. We look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel and the Hilton on the other side of town are probably as good as it gets in St George unless you rent a place in Entrada.

We got a suite to give us a little more space with 3 small kids. Great facility because it has both indoor and outdoor pools. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The new restaurant is nice, food a little better than when they had just the breakfast buffet. Lots of other places to eat within walking distance (can even walk with small kids) and Target is super close - if you forget to pack something. Jimmy Johns will even deliver! Unless its Sunday, but then again, most of the town shuts down on Sunday.

Hotel was really busy over the weekend, very slow weekdays. Overall, decent place to stay for the money. Will stay here again when visiting family and recommend Courtyard to any of our other family when they are visiting my parents in town.

Room Tip: You can have a view of the hill in back or the parking lot in front. Neither is spectacular, but what can you expect from a Courtyard in St George?
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura H
rbclo716, Manager at Courtyard St. George, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Courtyard St. George and for taking the time to give us a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate the kind comments about our hotel and the food at our new Bistro. Our goal is to provide the best in service and accommodations in St. George. I look forward to having you with us the next time you travel to our area.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My brother, White Buffalo and I have stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott four times in the last six months and the best description we can give for the hotel is consistent. Consistent excellent front desk service, consistent housekeeping; the rooms were immaculate when we arrive and kept that way during the stay. Room was also nice and quiet. White Buffalo did wonder where the bowl of free apples that they use to keep by the front desk had gone, but he still gives it Five Feathers, his highest Rating!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bigredmachine

Thank you for your glowing remarks. I am pleased we have been able to provide the kind of lodging you have been looking for. My team and I look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The food here is so good and it is nice to have an on property restaurant rather than going out for food. Hotel rooms are spacious and exceptional immaculate. Spoke with Chef Eric Ingalls who went out-of-his-way to make our dining experience wonderful. Pool is small but secluded, tucked behind the lobby. Will return again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family