“Should have stayed with relatives”

Coronada Inn and Suites
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Southeast Idaho
“Should have stayed with relatives”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My room was dirty , the tile floors were grungy. Mattresses were old and stained. It looked like these were the same mattresses from the great spring break and frat party days of the 80's. ( Make love not war right! ) The night manager Nick was pretty cool and accomidating though. They were pretty tight with their towel allowance (3 towels for 4 people) Pool towels could only cover about a 1 1/2 foot ring around your body if you were not to fat. The soap was pretty cheap, It broke before one person was done showering and did not last for more than two people. The A/C- heater lets out quite a musty odor. A few good things were the two TV's and the cabinentry was nice.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Temple City, CA
Reviewed December 1, 2008

My friend booked this hotel for our Thanksgiving trip with some other friends. He booked 5 rooms for 2 nites. On Wednesday, I went to check the review of this hotel and I was so shocked for so many bad reviews. Especially the cockroach and bugs, cleanliness, etc. So I told my friend to cancel the booking if possible. But it was not possible to cancel (should be 72 hrs before).

I prepared to face the worst. I brought insect repellent, bed sheet and pillow cover. We arrive there at 4AM and the rooms (upstairs) were OK. The rooms downstairs were also OK. The bed sheets were clean. The only problem with my room was with the bathroom faucet stopper. It didn't work, so when we took a shower, the water didn't want to flow out. We have to hold the stopper with hand, in order to let the water out.

Basically, we all are happy with the rooms, the cleanliness, the breakfast waffle was good. That's right the bed doesn't have a headboard, but that's OK. This is a 'budget' suite.

• Liked — The spacious room and kitchenettes
  • Disliked — The bath tub
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 8, 2008

This motel is a total piece of CRAP. this motel is so disgusting that we didn't even stay the the night. They had bugs on the floor, pubic hair in the cabinets and on the towels. The towels were disgusting and looked liked they had never been washed. The floor was tiled and looked liked it had never been mopped. the dressers were all broken and beat up. the pool looked liked it had never been cleaned and that you would catch a disease if you went swimming, the walls had holes in them and they were stuffed with toilet paper. After this expierence we went to the front desk to get our money back and they said that they do not give refunds. I tried talking to the owner but he would not talk to me. This motel sucks, no matter how much money someone offers you do not stay here. there were also transients who live here if they can come up with money for 1 nights stay. We did not feel very safe there at all.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank KaptainKrunch

Travelers are raving about these St. George hotels

Grand Junction, CO
Reviewed March 12, 2008

My husband and I made a reservation a month ahead of time but our plans changed about 3 days after I made the original reservation. I cancelled the reservation. A week after our scheduled date of check in I looked at our account to find they had charged us for the whole amount of the stay even though I cancelled well ahead of time. I have gotten nothing but the runaround from the management of the hotel. I have contacted the BBB as well and have received no response about this. Do not stay there ever.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fdw12394
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed March 4, 2008

DON'T STAY HERE!!! If you read this review and still stay, then I didn't do my job. You'll be sorry. I can't say anything nice about this hotel. It was dirty t, the bed was set on some kind of wobbly teeter-totter. The furniture looked like leftovers from a garage sale. The shower in the morning was hot then cold then hot then cold. You want to stay at the NIGHTMARE HOTEL then stay at the coronada in St. George UT. I'm not one to spend time writitng reviews but if it saves one person the misery, then it's well worth it. Hope this helps someone!!!

• Liked — The waffle maker
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything. I would NEVER stay there again or recommend it to my worst enemy! No kidding!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank WAtraveler002
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed February 17, 2008

When we arrived at the motel we opened our "nonsmoking" room to discover it was filled with smoke the smoke alarm had been removed and exposed wires hung from the wall. The place was filthy and the bathroom had dried urine all around the toliet. Needless to say we immedately returned to the office and told them we would be finding another place to stay and we wanted our money back. The clerk informed us that we would need to pay a 20 dollar "cleaning fee" because now the room was used. I have never seen anything like it. I would stay as far away from this place as possible.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the urine on the floor
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nedivine
Utah
Reviewed November 7, 2007

This is by far the worst motel I have ever seen! My husband checked in and paid. We went to our room, it was so dirty we could not stay here! The doors were black from hand prints, the pictures had some kind of food spilled on them, the sheets didn't look like they had been changed. We asked for a refund of our money, they would only refund 50% back! I am reporting them to the Better Business Bereau and the Department of Health. DO NOT stay here!

• Liked — absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — very very dirty
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank momutah