“Did not want to leave....”

Hilton Garden Inn St. George
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in room 509. Overlooked pool. Everything worked. The room (one of their handicap special needs rooms) was large and comfortable. The staff was exceptionally friendly from the front desk to housekeeping. Good job folks! Breakfast was good, the price was fair. The pool and hot tub were great and that's were we spent most of our time. We usually are up early and on the road early type of travelers, but this pool was so inviting we decided to stay until checkout so we could swim some more. Overall, we had a great stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel while I had a company conference. The rooms are clean, its right next to the convention center, the staff was helpful and polite. The breakfast is not complimentary nor is it well priced. The fitness center is great with all the basic machines and free weights. Overall it was a good stay and I will choose this hotel in the future, just disappointed with the lack of complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I arrived one day late (my fault) and the manager had already charged my credit card, so he extended my stay by a day and comped me the one day he had already charged. Good business. I will always stay there when I am traveling.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay other than the fact the bathroom sink smelled quite badly. I did not report it until we checked out of the room. I am certain they would have fixed it if I had reported it. I used the Fitness Center and it was in top quality shape. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had stains in the guest room carpets and breakfast was below par. I never complain but think I should as this will effect change. There is no excuse for dirty carpets. Also the beds are better at the Hampton Inn.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and were traveling on business. We needed a property that offered WiFI a business enter etc. WE have Used Hilton properties for year in our business because he have learned that we can depend on them to have what we need. This time was no exception.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Can't beat the location, at least for us you couldn't. Easy on and off for the Interstate and two turns only Bluff if you need to head out towards Santa Clara. Road noise was never an issue.

I did not find the rooms to be in need of updating, they were very acceptable. Kitchenette area was a great use of space in the room.

The front desk staff was always polite and helpful, the 24 hour coffee station was operating for most of our time there (once we went and the regular was out, two hours later it was still out so it does not appear these ever get checked, or rarely get checked).

Cleaning service was inconsistent. Poor really. Twice we did not get an ice bag (we use ice every night), and once we did not get toilet paper, which was inconvenient to say the least. We are not messy so other than making our bed and changing out towels there was really nothing else to do in our room, so this is really just not acceptable.

I also must say the bed was done. Very saggy and hard to sleep in, and I am really not very fussy and can sleep on almost anything, but this sagged too much. I doubt all the beds are in that poor of shape, possibly we were just unlucky.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple