“Great place to stay if going to Zion NP”

Hilton Garden Inn St. George
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sandy, United States
“Great place to stay if going to Zion NP”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We used only 30K points a night for this room. We weren't able to get a camping spot at Zion, so we used the Hilton as our launching pad. It was a perfect hotel for that. The only complaint I would have is the hotel layout. The access from the parking to the room makes it a little difficult if you are carrying heavy loads like we were.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

sguhgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing the hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs. I appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you need anything else please feel free to reach out to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed March 24, 2014

outdated rooms, horrible food, stolen items, and no help from the staff, horrible beds, smelly rooms. I called several times the day after my departure to reclaim my items and they did absolutely nothing to help other than looking in the computer. I had to beg them to check the room and fitness center where I left my items. the hotel was overall disgusting and outdated and unclean. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I apologize for the experience on your most recent trip. I distinctly remember my front desk agents sending our maintenance staff as well as our Operations Manager to try and locate your items, but we were unable to locate them. Where the item was described to be left in the fitness center in a public area it is possible that someone else left with them. We will continue to look for these and if anything turns up we will gladly ship them to you.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute on priceline.com for a great deal at only $50.00. The hotel is gorgeous, clean, and very nice, great location. The room was standard but great, however they left us no towels, and the refrigerator did not work. Moving on, when we went to check in, we arrived at 230pm, a little before their check in time of 3pm. The girl at the desk was a little snooty with me when she realized I booked on priceline, she said come back in 30 minutes it will be ready. We went around St. George came back about 90 minutes so 30 minutes past check in time, and there was a new girl at the counter. This girl gave me even more attitude proceeded to tell me since I had a special reservation my room would be another hour or two before it was ready. I then explained to her what we were told, and she was snippy and said well you booked on priceline its a special room, then accused me of also selecting a wheelchair accessible room, which was not true. I would stay here again, but I will not pay $189 a night for that kind of service or poor quality, also they did not have the liquor licensee renewed so the bar was closed. My advice get the deal online, the room was not worth 189.00 a night, the people who pay that price are being taken.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
sguhgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know where we can improve. I will speak with my front desk agents who assisted you and let them know of the issues you experienced. I do see that you booked through Priceline and I do need to confirm for our guests' understanding that when you book through priceline, the room type is not guaranteed. It defaults to whatever rooms are available, hence the low price and unfortunately you booked on a sold out night and all we had left were the accessible rooms you were referring to. I will speak with my agents about this so they understand as well that the guests are not the ones choosing the rooms when they are booked through priceline, rather it automatically assigns it based on availability. I hope this clarifies that a little and I thank you again for your comments and I will resolve the issues you experience. Thanks and have a great day.
Washington, Utah
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The room was very clean and had all the amenties that you would expect for the price point. Great location. The work out room and pool were well maintained. The only down sides were the lounge attached to the hotel was not serving alcohol and the front desk clerk was a little rude. I would stay here again.

Payson, Utah
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed here for a conference, staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We had already had our reservation so they had our keys ready for us, no waiting. Our rooms on the second floor were clean, one weird thing though is all the drawers and cupboards were open in the room. Easy on and off I-15 to the hotel and some great places to eat within walking distance. It was a noisy night with a delivery truck on the north side at 4am , otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The hot tub and pool area were enjoyable. The fitness center was also very nice. Would stay here again. Good location, close to shopping and restaurants.

Ogden, UT, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful The rooms were comfortable and clean. Some of the furnitue needs an upgrade from wear over the years. The vaule of the room and accomodation is good. I would most likely book this hotel for future business trips to Southern Utah.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business