“National parks”

Hilton Garden Inn St. George
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 9, 2013

HGI St George is a nice hotel, on a central location for visiting the National Parks of Zion, Bryce and the north rim of Grand canyon. The service is good and the breakfast is ok. St George itself has good restaurants and several grocery stores.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank leont748
Curtis_Dyer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Great to see that you were able to use St. George as a hub to visit all the surrounding National Parks. We appreciate the comments and the time you took to provide a review here on TripAdvisor. Thanks for using us as your choice of hotel in your National Park travel and we hope to have you again!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night in August 2013. Check in was simple. The staff was friendly.

However, there was an elevator broken which caused most guests to use the stairway (which aren't air conditioned). The carpets in our room were stained and dirty. Neither our sink or tub drained, and we found hairs on our 'clean linens'.

Lastly, most hotels in this price range / category offer a complimentary breakfast. This Hilton Garden inns do not offer complimentary breakfast. While I'm sure the 'made to order' items at this hotel are very tasty for the $9.99 price, I would rather grab a free muffin and yogurt and be on my way.

All in all it was a bit below average.

Room Tip: A better room would be across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HoldenGreen
Curtis_Dyer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

I apolgize about your stay here at our hotel recently. It looks like we dropped the ball during your stay in more ways than one and hope that we can make that up to you in the future. The elevator was having some unexpected service done which has been completed. The restuarant in the hotel does charge for breakfast and it is rather "tasty" as you put it. For future reference you can book the bed and breakfast package that does include breakfast for 2 for only $5 more dollars. Thanks again for you business and hope again that we can make it up to you on your next stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really like how I was able to check in and have a short but knowledgable conversation about my reasoning for staying in St. George. Tho it was just a stop to rest on my way to Zion I really felt like I was at home. My wife and I where able enjoy the pool and some movie time. Plus with a restaurant and bar right accrossed the street we had it made. No need to hop in the car to find something to eat or to find entertainment. I also was informed about a few things I didnt know in regards to Zion National Park. So in a nut sheel I loved my stay and I will definately stay here every time I go on my hiking trips...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the great review and that we were able to take care of you with our location to several restaurants. Great to see that you were treated like family as that is what we strive for each day. I hope that Zion's was great to you and that you will be back soon to visit the National Park along with coming and saying hi again here at the hotel. Thanks for your business and hope you enjoy the rest of your year.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was surprised when I arrived how nice the property was considering the bargain price. I expected an average breakfast like most efficiency hotel/motel properties have. This had made to order omelets and pancakes and more. Not a chafing dish of strange looking eggs and a do it yourself waffle iron. Great value. Nice pool too. We'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Curtis_Dyer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Great to see that you took advantage of our "made to order" breakfast that is fresh. The pool here at the hotel recieves full sun in the afternoon which makes it ideal for taking a dip. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and wait for your return. Have a great week!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel over all was excellant, needs air freshner in the Hotel Lobby, not a good smell when you first enter the Hotel Lobby. Temperature of he Lobby wa sextrmemly warm, not to mention 103 degrees outside, that walking into the cool air would have been nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn hotel here in St. George. I apologize about the warm lobby with the high temperature outside. With the constant traffic in and out of the front lobby doors it makes it hard to keep the cool air inside. Thanks again for your business and appreciate you picking the Hilton Garden Inn as your choice here in St. George.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here twice in the span of about a week. Both times the host was very friendly and happy to check us in and give us some much needed water. Rooms were nice and cool when we got there. Hotel is across the street from a couple good places to eat. Would be happy to sleep here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the comments Nolan for both of your stays to and from SD. We are glad that we were able to provide you nice and cool rooms. There are several good restaurants close by as well as "The Office" lounge at the property. Thanks again for the business and hope that you made it back home safely.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Staying there right now, room is ok. carpet a little dirty between the bathroom and the coffee machine. Staff was great, very friendly. Even called the room to see if everything met to our satisfaction, nice touch.

Room Tip: room 124, right next to back door..easy access.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the comments with regards to your current stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn. I apologize about the carpet and will be sure to get that handled for you and all of the other guests at the property. Glad to see that the guest service representatives are calling to make sure that your stay is going well. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again down the road. Safe Travels!