The main reason for not rating this HGI higher was that the room was not as clean as I expected. There was hair in the tub and bed linens, as well as some debris around the trash. It also had an unusual smell, not unpleasant, but like a perfume, or cleaning solution. It makes me wonder if someone had smoked in the room against policy, and they had to clean it? Also, the carpets appeared soiled and older. I suspect this was more of an anomaly than the norm based on other reviews.
I travel frequently for business and have a certain expectation for the HGI experience, this one did not justify the increased cost of the room. It was more what I would expect from a $70 a night budget hotel.
Lobby area was nice and beds were adjustable and comfortable, as expected. Internet was available and worked well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red sandstone bluffs and black lava rock ridges surround the Hilton Garden Inn St. George. The hotel is minutes from historic downtown St. George and convenient for day trips to Snow Canyon State Park and the Virgin River Trail System. Guest rooms offer complimentary high-speed Internet Access, a mini-refrigerator, and a microwave. The property also features an indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness room, on-site dining at the Great American Grill, and complimentary airport shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Hilton St. George
- St. George Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn St. George Utah