“Lessons of History”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lessons of History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I took my elderly parents and friends of theirs to the Hamblin Home. I had not been there myself and was pleasantly surprised at how much I learned and now appreciate what these pioneers have done for us. I am also glad I live today! It is a great leisurely tour. I highly recommend it for a spring or fall day.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank p_arm0ur

Rigby, Idaho
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great little tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you're a member of the LDS Church or not its a great tour. I leafed some history about Southern Utah that I didn't know and the hardships that some of the early settlers had to endure.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank xplnusa
Lake Jackson, Texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Historical Site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Hamblin home is a wonderful and free historical site. Stop by and check out the old home, take a free tour, and learn about St. George in the old days.

Visited March 2014
Orem, Utah
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Another bit of Southern Utah Pioneer History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Although I have been to St. George many times this is the first time to make the effort to drive to Santa Clara for a tour of the Jacob Hamblin home. We are planning a family vacation in the area later this year so wanted to check this out. Very pleased with the tour.

Visited March 2014
West Jordan, Utah
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It's a little bit of a drive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm a total history buff, and LDS church history is always cool. This home is very historic, but learning about Jacob Hamblin was even better. He's such a great personality to get to know not only as an early member of the LDS church, but as a person who helped to build the West.

Visited October 2013