“Good Historic Tour”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good Historic Tour”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We did this tour after finishing the larger historical bus tour of the area. It was fun to tour the home and hear about how the first settlers to the area lived. The guides were informative and friendly. The children in our party loved the experience!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Condor15

Saint George, UT
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Only if you like mormon history.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

While I do appreciate mormon history this place was a little boring and would not be a fun place for young kids to go and try to share the experience. This place would be a good place to take your visiting parents or grandparents.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Energywise1
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Only saw this place because of...”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Herb Finder who stole my money and is located right next door, or was until they changed their name and ran away before all the rest of us who got screwed found them. The Hamblin house isn't anything really, its just brick & mortor

Visited May 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“The artifacts are worth seeing”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had my 7 & 10 year old with me and this was hard for them to hold still during the tour. I enjoyed the history, but was worried about my kids wanting to touch things and not really wanting to hear. I should have had my kids stay on the lawn and play while my husband and I took turns seeing the home. It is well preserved and the stories the guides give are great. I really liked seeing the old quilts on the beds upstairs and the loom and spinning wheels.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank 4burns
Kentucky
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Nicely presented piece of Utah and LDS history”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

If you enjoy historic homes and are in the area, stop by the Jacob Hamblin home. Some history of the area and this historic figure is well-presented by LDS missionaries. We found both of our hosts to be gracious and very well-informed. I enjoyed my visit even though historic homes are not usually my cup of tea. Tour is roughly 1/2 hr.

Visited June 2012