“Grat value in a golf community”

St. George Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights while on a golf holiday. The rooms were clean and well appointed for the price point. The pools, both indoor and outsdoor, were clean great. The only thing I might have liked better was a place ot sit outside and chat with friends. The laundry room left a bit to be diesired - only one washer and one dryer, which lacked good heat and chewed up quarters like crazy. The breakfast voucher was not all that great - It gets you a plain, previously frozen donut and a coffee at the Denny's next door or $1 off a menu item. But all in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2009

On our way to las vegas, we decided to stop in st. george to give kids a break from a long drive. Initially were going to stay at the comfort inn next door and tried to save a few bucks by staying at budgetel inn staint george. What a mistake--they claimed they had wireless internet and continental breakfast. when we checked into the room it looked like a bad motel. The walls had holes where they had removed electrical sockets and had not patched or replaced the items. Because we wanted the kids to swim before the rain for a few hours and they said they had an indoor pool, we stayed. The indoor pool was almost as small as our room and smelled weired--long showers afterwards. House keeping woke us up more than 3 hours before checkout thinking we had checked out with do not disturb sign on door. Could not get the wireless to work at all--desk clerk said yes others have complained and quite frankly it does not usually work. Lead to believe pets stayed free and later charged. Hotel charges extra for everything including a fridge or microwave or coffee. Got a 1 dollar coupon for jp,s restraunt--good for a coffee--not even close to continental breakfast. Strangers(non guests) walking across the property at all hour of day and evening--lock your doors and park infront of your room. Clerk want me to leave the amount on my card without telling me the amount charged--when asked about higher amount I asked for the break down of fees which she was holding in her hand. Her reply was the taxes run about 10 percent --but she was not going to give up my receipt until I agreed to charging my card. After insisting on the receipt the third time. I saw the other fees. She quickly left the room and returned with a smuk on her face taking pleasure in charging a family of out of town visitors more than what it would have cost to stay at the comfort inn next door. Check the review for the comfort inn, best western, and others. Take this place only as a last resort--they are guaranteed to have rooms available as those who check the reviews first will go else where--as you will not save any money here only have bad accomodations. Some times when traveling you have to say yea you got me--but I hope they dont get you too.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank curt1480
Reviewed April 25, 2009

The most memorable thing about this hotel is the odd way they do the "continental breakfast." They don't serve in the hotel. They give you a coupon for a free small orange juice or coffee and one pastry (but NOT the giant sweet rolls) or $1 off anything at two nearby restaurants. You can walk to JBs or Dennys from the hotel. We didn't use our coupons. Too tempting to get a big breakfast and end up paying much more.

Our room did not have a fridge or microwave. Other than that it was clean and quite nice. It was on the groud floor and we parked right in front. So hauling luggage in was easy. In the lobby there was a vending machine, free coffee and tea, a high speed Internet computer (with printer), a nice sitting area, free local newspaper and big TV. In our room there was also free wifi.

If we can find another hotel for the same price in St. George with a regular continental breakfast, we will stay there instead.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmberAnn
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Maybe I got one of the old rooms, but it was very small for the price - $99 for a small room with a queen size bed on the weekend seems a little steep for what you get. Maybe if you have a young family, this place is good, but the walls were paper thin and the crying babies and yelling kids slamming doors over and over didn't do it for me.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FredSaltLakeCity
Reviewed January 8, 2009

This hotel is great for all types of travelers, many options on the rooms. The pool was great and it is in a quiet location. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We spent four nights at the Budget Inn - St George makes a good centralized location for day trips to Las Vegas and Zion NP as well as other attractions such as Tuacahn.

We got a good deal with a Tuacahn package and the room worked well for my family (family suite).

A big part of the hotel experience is in the details and that is where we were disappointed:

- The hotel claims they offer a continental breakfast. This is a misrepresentation - what they offer is one free donut and a small glass of juice at a nearby restaurant. This is hardly adequate for most people so you end up using the dollar off coupons and just buy breakfast at a nearby restaurant.

- We returned from a day at Zion NP (with younger kids you can imagine we were pretty tired afterwards. When we returned that evening we found that our room had not been cleaned (very disappointing). When we asked the front desk to bring us some clean towels, they claimed that they could not leave the front desk but that we could come and get the towels (Wow, what service!?!).

We're still here (leaving tomorrow). Hopefully there won't be anymore negatives by tomorrow, I just had to write this review to get this off my chest. The details dropped my review from a 4 to a 2.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sengsouriya
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I was a little concerned about this property, but had I read online reviews that said dated, but clean. I have to say that it wasn't even that dated. I was pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail in the rooms and on the grounds. The rooms had all the amenities I could ask for and there were indoor and outdoor pool areas that were very nice. I loved getting $1 off at Dennys instead of eating a continental breakfast in the lobby. The owners definitely care of this property. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Cracker Barrel is right across the highway! Gotta love it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple