“Odd "breakfast"”

St. George Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed April 25, 2009

The most memorable thing about this hotel is the odd way they do the "continental breakfast." They don't serve in the hotel. They give you a coupon for a free small orange juice or coffee and one pastry (but NOT the giant sweet rolls) or $1 off anything at two nearby restaurants. You can walk to JBs or Dennys from the hotel. We didn't use our coupons. Too tempting to get a big breakfast and end up paying much more.

Our room did not have a fridge or microwave. Other than that it was clean and quite nice. It was on the groud floor and we parked right in front. So hauling luggage in was easy. In the lobby there was a vending machine, free coffee and tea, a high speed Internet computer (with printer), a nice sitting area, free local newspaper and big TV. In our room there was also free wifi.

If we can find another hotel for the same price in St. George with a regular continental breakfast, we will stay there instead.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmberAnn
There are newer reviews for St. George Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 28, 2009

Maybe I got one of the old rooms, but it was very small for the price - $99 for a small room with a queen size bed on the weekend seems a little steep for what you get. Maybe if you have a young family, this place is good, but the walls were paper thin and the crying babies and yelling kids slamming doors over and over didn't do it for me.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FredSaltLakeCity
Reviewed January 8, 2009

This hotel is great for all types of travelers, many options on the rooms. The pool was great and it is in a quiet location. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We spent four nights at the Budget Inn - St George makes a good centralized location for day trips to Las Vegas and Zion NP as well as other attractions such as Tuacahn.

We got a good deal with a Tuacahn package and the room worked well for my family (family suite).

A big part of the hotel experience is in the details and that is where we were disappointed:

- The hotel claims they offer a continental breakfast. This is a misrepresentation - what they offer is one free donut and a small glass of juice at a nearby restaurant. This is hardly adequate for most people so you end up using the dollar off coupons and just buy breakfast at a nearby restaurant.

- We returned from a day at Zion NP (with younger kids you can imagine we were pretty tired afterwards. When we returned that evening we found that our room had not been cleaned (very disappointing). When we asked the front desk to bring us some clean towels, they claimed that they could not leave the front desk but that we could come and get the towels (Wow, what service!?!).

We're still here (leaving tomorrow). Hopefully there won't be anymore negatives by tomorrow, I just had to write this review to get this off my chest. The details dropped my review from a 4 to a 2.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sengsouriya
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I was a little concerned about this property, but had I read online reviews that said dated, but clean. I have to say that it wasn't even that dated. I was pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail in the rooms and on the grounds. The rooms had all the amenities I could ask for and there were indoor and outdoor pool areas that were very nice. I loved getting $1 off at Dennys instead of eating a continental breakfast in the lobby. The owners definitely care of this property. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Cracker Barrel is right across the highway! Gotta love it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2008

This place is huge and there are accomodations for every type of traveler. Family suites to a one double bed room I had last month that looked new -- like no one had stayed in it before.

I've stayed here 3 times and all the rooms were very nice and spacious.

2 problems for me:

WiFi is ''spotty'' and signal comes and goes. Since I'm only checking emails, speed isn't too important. Front Desk told me some rooms have DSL connection so bring your own cable for best connection since the Motel doesn't have public cables. There is also DSL connection in the lobby area for public use and the speed is fast.

Second problem is that none of the windows open. I have experienced ''dirty air filters'' in other motels and have developed a ''phobia'' about air conditioners and heating vents. I use neither at Motels.

The room then feels stuffy but I deal with it.

Note to self: check with Budget to see if they have any rooms with windows that open!

The pool and jacuzzi looks very nice and inviting.

Again, this place is very big and a check-in without reservations shouldn't be a problem -- unless it's a holiday.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Thank L.Talbot
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Stayed here one night before going to Zion. The kids loved this place. The outdoor playground was nice and well maintained. The pool looked clean and there were lots of people swimming it in. We had the family suite which was fairly large with one bed in an alcove. We had a sofa and table and chairs, microwave, fridge and separate sink area under the microwave where you could wash dishes out. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. It was a good deal for the price.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family