“No television here.” 2 of 5 bubbles

St. George Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“No television here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very old televisions with hardly any channels. The wifi was sketchy and was non existent most of the time. The outdoor pool was closed and the indoor pool very tiny. Since my husband was in classes at the convention center I was excited for my kids to be able to watch the Disney channel and go swimming. We weren't able to do those things. When I called the office about the tv they just said they didn't have any extras lying around. It was one if those older huge heavy tv's. It made a terrible high pitch sound when turned on. Plus the picture had lines going thru it. I have never taken the time to review a motel before but these were things I wished t knew before we booked here.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve. We realize we have older TV sets and that can cause problems for the guests such as yourself. We have recently ordered flat screens for all of our 143 hotel rooms, have made improvements to our WI-FI connections to all the rooms and are looking into adding more channels in addition to the 71 channels we currently have. I am terribly sorry the pool was closed, at that moment we had a serious safety issue that needed to be fixed and we were able to have it back up and running by noon that day. We would love to have you stay with us again and give us another chance to take care of you on your next visit to St. George.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alpine, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went down this last weekend. We had the "bridal" suite which could comfortably fit the needs of 4 people. Although the room was a bit dark for my taste, the location and amenities made up for it. There was an in suite jacuzzi which was a real bonus. The breakfasts were outstanding- the service was outstanding. I found they were more than willing to accommodate our every need. The pools are fabulous- one indoor and one outdoor. There is also an on site playground. You are close to restaurants. The staff all around was excellent. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I don't know about the typical rooms, but if you can, go for a suite. I know they also offer ad...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul H, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I thank you for your review. It's good to hear when the staff takes care of the guests that come to stay us and thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my family as a short getaway. We were placed in a room right next to the indoor pool. I was concerned about noise because I have 2 young kids with me. The sign said the pool was to be closed at 10pm. At 10 there were still kids in there so I went to the front desk to let them know. This blonde girl with glasses told me the pool was open till 11. I explained with all the noise we could not sleep and the sign said 10 and 11 was unreasonable. She pretty much said oh well. 11pm came and went and so did midnight but screaming and yelling kept going. We did our best and if you want to stay up all night then this is the place to be. Noise levels do not matter and it does not matter how late you want to be up making that noise. If you want to get some rest and have a staff that does care then go somewhere else. The room was also dirty and the floor turned our socks black due to the uncleanliness.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank John W
I am sorry you didn't receive the care from our staff that you deserved. Unfortunately being a family friendly hotel we have a lot of kids causing a lot of noise in our pool areas, but we will make sure in the future to close the pools according to the hours posted. Being an outdoor entrance hotel we get a lot of foot traffic from the blacktop of the parking lot going in and out of the rooms, making it hard to keep the carpets shielded from the outside. I hope you will give us another chance by staying with us again. Hope to see you soon.
Murray, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am still amazed at how much we got at this wonderful this place for what we paid! I kept waiting for the hidden costs, but they never came! Awesome, clean, FREE breakfast with tons of delicious options, a beautiful PERFECTLY heated pool! (you know how sometimes they can be too hot or too cold, this one was literally JUST right) It seemed to be right in the center of St. George making it super easy to get wherever you wanted to go, they had an awesome outdoor playground my 2-year-old had a blast playing on, (we didn't use any of the indoor facilities, but I would guess they would be just as awesome) and the rooms were clean and well maintained. They were definitely a little dated, and could maybe use a little work, but honestly, if they can keep their prices that great, and continue offer all that they do, it's totally worth it, and I would tell them not to change a thing!

Room Tip: We asked for a room across from the pool, and it was WAY nice not to have to drive around the hotel...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacey O
Thank you for this wonderful review. We take great pride in our hotel and it's always nice to hear that others enjoy this place as much as we do! We thank you for your business and hope to see you again very soon.
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at this nice hotel once again; but a bit disappointed this time. As usual the staff was very helpful and the room specious and clean. However, the heater was very noisy (room 214) so we used extra blankets instead. The breakfast area was jammed to capacity with long lines for waffle maker and no room to sit! Both conditions are unacceptable, thus the average scoring.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us again and for the great compliment on our staff and rooms. I am sorry that your stay wasn't nearly as nice as your last time with us. We are constantly replacing the A/C's and unfortunately you got stuck with an older one. Back in July we expanded our breakfast area outside as well as inside to better accommodate the large crowds although during our busy season it still can get a little congested as you mentioned. Since your last stay we have added more waffle makers to keep the lines down. Please come see us again and give us another chance to take care of you.
Long Beach, Calif.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed here before and have liked this place as a bargain. However, now the rates have increased by 50%. Nonetheless, on this trip I was able to book at the old rate using a "Tripadvisor Special."
When I had a change in plans and called to cancel 2 days before arrival, I was told that cancellations needed to be made at least 14 days before arrival! (This was the first weekend in November and not a special holiday period.) On the written email reservation confirmation the cancellation policy was stated to be no fees if cancelled before 4 pm on date of arrival. When I read this to the clerk, he questioned its source, but then relented.
If you book here, be sure to check the cancellation policy and get a written confirmation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jdc562
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks for the review! I do not believe this review to be for our hotel. We always have a cancellation policy of 6pm on the day of arrival. We understand here at the St. George Inn and Suites that traveling is difficult and plans may change. We have never implemented a 14 day cancellation policy even on sold out weekends such as the first weekend of November.
Roy, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was comfortable, appreciated the electrical outlet next to the bed for medical equipment I use, the price I paid was good. I appreciated how close it was to the freeway and eating places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank grammykis
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We truly do work hard to make sure every guest has a satisfactory visit to our hotel. When I get responses like yours I make sure and share it with my entire staff so they know their hard work pays off!

Please come see us again!