“Not Impressed”

St. George Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm not quite sure why this motel is rated so high. Are all the other places to stay in the area flea-infested? The room was literally suffocating. It honestly felt like fresh air had only come in once. I do have to say that we enjoyed the pools. It was nice that both were heated. The wifi was super spotty. I think what really upset me the most was the "breakfast." The cream cheese they had sitting out, was completely warm. The yogurt was in a big open bowl. The "fruit" was anything but fresh. It literally looked like canned fruit thrown into a bowl. Even the milk was in a container that felt warm to the touch. Germs and risks everywhere. The waffles were the only edible things in there. I'm positive that we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I just wanted to write you and thank you for your honesty. We are always looking for ways to improve what we offer to our guests.
I apologize that the room felt so suffocating to you. We do have several room options and others are more open and more spacious than others.
Our breakfast is meant to be one of the most satisfying parts of every guests visit, and I apologize that our high standards in all aspects were not met throughout your stay. The way we deliver and serve breakfast to our guests will be revisited in hopes that we can give our guests a more satisfying stay.
Thanks for the review.
Zach Gates

There are newer reviews for St. George Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in one of their suites which was very nice and clean and appeared to be recently updated.
The view from the room was not great since it faced what looked like a storage facility as I was facing the back side of the Motel (if someone wanting to stay there is concerned with that) but it did not bother me at all, and was quiet.
I dont know what the regular rooms looked like, but the motel appeared to be well run and kept up.
The Free hot breakfast was good for a standard breakfast, with make your own Waffles, scrambled eggs ( which were real eggs). Sasages, Muffins, bagels and various juices.

Pros:
Exellent service by the Front desk, they were very helpful.
Clean rooms and well maintained property
2 pools, one indoors and 1 outdoor
Play area for Children
Free hot breakfast
Area was pretty quiet
Close walking distance to a good inexpensive restaurant, the Black Bear Diner, and, there is a good Burger King right next door. Also Close driving distance to Kneaders which is a nice bakery with good Sandwiches and desserts and breads.
Small fridge and microwave
Inexpensive rates
•24 Hr In-Lobby Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate
Near the Freeway, but not so close you have any noise.
Very Comfortable beds for a Motel

No Cons that I can see unless you are expecting more than a standard Motel would offer.

I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: rooms at the North end of the Hotel are likely to be a little quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights in Feb 2013. We did have some problems. When I checked in they gave us a room without a fridge or microwave that I had wanted and showed in my reservation printout. I had booked on Travelocity and brought the printout of the reservation with me. I had to go back to the front office and then show the guy the printout as he did not believe me that I should get those things for the price. He said that when you book online there is often this sort of problem...which made no sense to me. I asked why they participated in the online booking if that was not working and he had no answer. He did give us another room that was at the furthest end of the buildings. The room was fine. We could not get Wi-fi for the entire three days. I called and they sent some tech guy to check and he said they were having problems which he never could resolve for us. We did enjoy the breakfasts which included making your own waffles, cereals, fresh fruit and juices, coffee, The also had eggs or omlettes with ham or sausage and these changed each day. Pretty good food for free. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and Jacuzzi as the weather was very cold. The TV was old and the reception very poor. For $49.99 per night it was overall a very good place to stay and we would go back. We hope they correct some of the problems we encountered,

Room Tip: Request a first floor room. Some on the 2nd floor can be a long way from where you park. Make sure...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I stayed in the St. George Inn & Suites Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2013. We had stayed at a different hotel before, but decided on this hotel due to the indoor pool, the reviews on TripAdvisor, and the great value on a family suite.

We were thrilled with the family suite. The room was spacious with the second queen tucked into an alcove in the back of the room, directly in front of the bathroom. It also had a great mini-kitchenette area with a counter, sink, microwave, and a few cabinets. The room seemed as if it had been recently painted and it was clean. The bathroom was also clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and I slept fine on them in spite of being 7 months pregnant. The room heater was also nice and quiet.

The indoor pool area was clean and the water was perfectly heated. The kids loved the fact that they didn't heat the hot tub too hot, so that the restriction is only to kids under 5. The hot tub was still hot enough though. We spent hours of fun at the indoor pool area. The kids also loved the indoor playground which is as big as a McDonald's play place.

The hot breakfast consists of one or two hot offerings- we had biscuits and gravy one day and little egg and cheese omelets with cooked ham the second day. Waffles are standard with several syrups to choose from, as well as hard-boiled eggs, granola with yogurt and strawberries that you can put on top, canned fruit, cold cereal, milk, bagels and cream cheese, and English muffins. The juice was a little watered down and the kids missed hot chocolate, since there was only coffee. Fresh fruit, different varieties of yogurt, hot chocolate, and an appropriate concentration on the juice machine would up the breakfast to 5 stars. However, it was still sufficient.

The only real inconvenience that we experienced is that due to the fact that we were probably too far away from a wireless router hub- since our room was near the end of the property- we had internet connection problems. We kept losing the internet connection. When we did get on, it was somewhat slow, again, probably due to the distance to a hub.

The customer service was great. They allowed us a late checkout which cemented our resolve to stay at this property again.

In spite of the little inconvenience with the internet and the few breakfast items we would have loved, the value of this hotel considering the spaciousness and cleanliness of the family suites, the great indoor pool area, and the indoor playplace will bring us here again and again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank christiejo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed overnight in late December and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the noise from other guests (both through the walls and from the room above, as well as a truck that sat idling outside the door at 6:30 am.). Breakfast was typical continental fare, and was more for convenience than for quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

First, the location is very convenient and easy to find. Check in was a breeze, with very friendly and helpful staff. The room was very clean and spacious and it was a quiet location. This is a great pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Quiet, safe, clean, beautiful! Price was $15-20 less than nearby chain hotels, so we stayed here hoping for the best. We were impressed! Beautiful palm trees, neat grounds, super friendly desk clerk. We asked for a view, and were upgraded to a spacious suite, with spotless bathroom and kitchenette, sofa, 2 TVs, tasteful decor, shower AND jet tub, and a view of the St. George Temple from our bedroom window. Convenient to Main Street, but very quiet and safe. Outdoor and gorgeous indoor pool - dazzling in the sunlight. Even a cute play area for small children, fenced in for safety. Free hot breakfast from 6-9:30am. Three restaurants within walking distance, including a VERY good Denny's open 24/7. Dixie College is close by and the St George Temple is 1 mile away. The pictures don't do this place justice. It is an older property, but very well maintained. We will stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: No elevator. If you have heavy bags, ask for ground floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple