“Clean & Most Friendliest I've Seen In Awhile”

St. George Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed May 7, 2012

In St George Utah for the Ironman Triathalon. Reserved it blind. It is not a new property and has the typical access from the outside for a motor lodge. Up to a couple of months ago was the Budget Inn & Suites. This place was clean, refrig, microwave, two pools, one inside a separate building. When I say clean,there was young staff member wiping down the outside railing and spindles of the railing of the enitre second floor, not to mention stairways going up.

Rooms passed the "wife test" so it met her standards, meaning the room was clean and odor free. We were in the room when Housekeeping came through and she couldn't do enough. We down played our needs, but she had no part of it.

I had problems using the lobby hotel computer to print boarding passes and though they were busy with checkouts, clerk found the time to use the desk computer to access airline website and print my boarding passes. Mickey D's, Burger King, Denny's and Bear Diner, among others all in the area. Whatever you order at the Bear Diner, split it becaue the portions are extreme. Free Breakfast had ham, sausage, eggs etc and the place has to be kid friendly because at breakfast the place was full of kids, but all the breakfast items were chock full and enough food for everyone with no waiting. Again, it is not the Ritz, but our group slept find and there weren't any bugs Nice town, Nice people, and if I ever go back that's our place to stay. I gave it an excellent, because all the staff on each shift was TOP SHELF!!

Room Tip: Just let them know what you want and they will go out of there way to help. Great breaksfast
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank yellerdog1
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I have a staff that works hard every day to keep the rooms clean, and it is good to know that they passed the all important "wife test."
I look forward to your next stay, and I hope I have the privilege of meeting you.
Zach Gates

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We recently spent 6 nights at the Inn and Suites while on a bike trip through Utah, and found it to be a very comfortable place to stay. The location is very central to shops, and restaurants. The rooms are very well kept, clean and tidy, and we had a family suite, which is quiet spacious, enough room for all of our equipment.
We particularly liked the outdoor pool and hot tub area, so relaxing after a long day spent on the trails, but they also had an indoor pool and hot tub area, that many people used during the cooler nights. The FREE included breakfast was also a welcome bonus, the selection was vast and the service was very friendly. It was nice to just stroll over to the breakfast area every morning, rather than try and figure out where to dine.
We would definitely stay here again when in the St George area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area if you like a bit of peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank littleworld
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We chose Saint George for its close proximity to Zion as our home base to discover the national parks in the area. Budget Inn & Suites offered lodging for my wife and I along with our medium size black lab at a very competitive price. The room ended up being large, comfortable, very clean, had microwave and refrigerator, great help there, grass areas to walk the dog, better than average free breakfast, right off of the freeway, tons of food choices right down the street. Saint George itself is a very quaint town with lots of shopping, great selection of restaurants, beautiful homes, and tons of history.

Room Tip: A bit noisy around the pool area, but the interior of the rooms are very well insulated.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeym206
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Note that this motel is now named the "Saint George Inn and Suites" and not the "Budget Inn". The signs have all been changed, so it was a bit confusing initially since our confirmation from January had listed the "Budget" name, so we initially drove past the location, but we found it by backtracking and actually looking at the address instead of the signage.

This motel was "almost perfect". Check-in was friendly and quick. The grounds, parking lot, pool, and facility are well maintained and very beautiful. The location is convenient off of the freeway exit. There is a 24-hour Denny's sharing the same parking lot as well as a Burger King and a Diner (The Black Bear) next door. The motel has both an indoor and outdoor pool and a nice fenced play area for small children. The free hot breakfast includes the standard fare, but is kept well stocked and it the biscuits and gravy were actually very tasty, as well as hard boiled eggs, waffles, etc. The seating area is very comfortable and clean and quite spacious.

Our guestroom was clean and spacious. The mini-fridge, microwave and alarm clock seemed new and in well working order. (The two extra plugs located on the front of the microwave were very handy for charging our phones, preventing having to place them next to the bathroom sink) The room furnishings are not fancy, but functional. The room provides two hanging racks for clothes (an armoire and a second rack next to the sink) There is a small coffee maker, iron and ironing board also in the room. There is a table and 2 chairs next to the window. Our air conditioning unit worked well. Unfortunately, when the curtain for the room was closed, it blocked a lot of the air flow. The lighting in the room was not too good, but functional. The free high speed wireless worked well. I had no problems with it at all.

So, what was the problem with this lovely motel?
The mattresses!!! They were cheap quality, old, and incredibly uncomfortable. I actually can't remember having a worst night sleep in a hotel or motel since my hostel experience in Egypt. Despite having driven all day and being very very tired I had a difficult time getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. Once I fell asleep I tossed and turned all night and awoke every time I rolled over. I eventually gave up and ended up with a very painful back ache. Only 1 person out of our family of 4 (our youngest chind) slept well. The other 3 of us had a very uncomfortable night and awoke with backaches in the morning. This is really unfortunate since the property has so much going for it. I consider it a MAJOR flaw if you can't get a decent night's sleep at a motel. If I wanted to toss and turn all night, I could just as easily slept in our car and saved $133. (if I'd only paid $50 I guess I might not feel like complaining as much) Due to several school competitions going on in the city this weekend most motels were at full capacity with "no vacancy". We felt lucky to get a room at all in order to be able to attend a family wedding. I assume that is why the motel was able to justify raising its rates this week, where normally it looks like rates are much lower for this property. In summary, I would consider returning to this motel if I could get a really low rate or they had upgraded their mattresses. Until then, I would encourage anyone to stay at the Best Western Coral Hills which you can usually get between $49-69 (call the motel, don't book online). It isn't as fancy looking on the outside and it only has one pool, but it has very beautifully renovated rooms (with wonderful mattresses) and it also provides a free breakfast. (I have previously reviewed that property. It had no vacancy this weekend, or we would have returned there). Because all of the other nice features of this motel, I am going ahead and giving it a 4 rating, but buyer beware about the mattresses!!!

Room Tip: Room 243 was conveniently located near both of the pools and the fitness room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hollyday66
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. I just want to apologize for the bad mattress experience. We try really hard to make sure that each and every guest has the best experience possible when staying at our hotel. We have taken your review to heart and we are replacing the mattresses in the room that you stayed in.
We do appreciate your comments and we hope that the next time you stay in St. George you will give our hotel another opportunity.

Thanks,

Zach Gates (General Manager)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

If you are planning a trip to St. George, Utah, consider staying at the Budget Inn & Suites. They have a really friendly staff and honest housekeeping staff. My son had left his iPhone in our room after we had checked out and drove home. He realized it was missing almost 12 hours later. After calling the hotel, we were informed that the cell phone was found in our room and was turned in by the housekeeper. Jamie, the head of housekeeping and also in charge of lost & found had the cell phone shipped to my home the next day. I thought that the cell phone would be lost forever and we would never get it back. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jamie and the great housekeeping staff. They are amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

Jamie is an excellent employee and she has surrounded herself with an honest staff.

I let all of my employees know how impressed you were with their service throughout your stay, so again thank you so much for the kind words you said.

Zach Gates (General Manager)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We've stayed at Budget Inn & Suites at least once a year for over 15 years. It has consistently been affordable and clean. Staff has always been friendly and accommodating. Location is easy. And great fun for kids - 2 pools and 2 playgrounds!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We have stayed at Budget Inn and Suites MANY times. Our kids only want to go there when we visit St. George. They have the best prices with the most amenities. The staff is always great too. They have recently added a "Free" breakfast that is wonderful and tops off your stay!!! Now you have to realize that the rooms are basic cheaper end hotel rooms, nothing fancy but you aren't paying for a fancy room. They are clean. We usually stay in the Family Suite which is great for the price and number of people we can sleep and includes a small microwave, sink and refrigerator. The piece of the hotel which continues to bring us back is the indoor playground and outdoor playground and the indoor and outdoor pool. It gives the kids many options and they love it. Now they love the waffles at breakfast too! You just can't beat the price and rooms that fit a bigger family and the fun things to do there. We love to stay at Budget Inn when we have a couple nights in St. George.

Room Tip: There are some family suites that are a little older but have a larger kitchenette. I prefer those o...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family