“New and already vying for tops in town”
Review of Rib & Chop House

Rib & Chop House
Ranked #6 of 252 Restaurants in St. George
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving the Best Babyback Ribs, Certified Angus Beef Steaks & Premium Seafood in the West. We have something for everyone! Homemade soups, pasta, salads, sandwiches, pot roast, and even Cajun dishes as our influence is from Louisiana!
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Combination of high quality, diverse menu, and reasonable pricing relative to fine dining makes them a ready hit after a month, with every indication they will remain same for a long time to come.
Oddly, only 2 booths with 2 more in the bar room.

Local Trip Advisor reviewer.

1  Thank HRMZ

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The steaks were tender, full of flavor and the best we have ever had! The burgers and salads were amazing as well. Great atmosphere and service to top it off!

1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We visited on a very busy Saturday night. We did have a reservation but were seated promptly and the service was very good. The really good part was the food. There were 4 of us and I had the rib eye steak. It was excellent. Done to perfection and very tender, some marbling for great flavor and tenderness. Two others had the half rack of baby back ribs. They were tender and meaty. The last entre was the Ahi Tuna. Very nice piece of tuna steak and delicious. Each came with a salad and a side dish. I chose the garlic mashed potatoes and they were ok, just a little gummy. Two others had the sweet potato fries and they were delish. The only real draw back was the ambiance. Just a big room with a very high ceiling created the feeling of no coziness or warmth. The lighting was just bright and industrial. There was just no feeling of fine dining. We had two entres and a bottle of wine and our bill was just over $80 with tip. I will go back but not often. I like a steak house to be warm and inviting. I can't understand why you would build a new building and decorate it in early Golden Corral and pass it off as a top notch steak house. They could do much better. The food was great as was the service so there is something to bring us back occasionally. Too bad, I was hoping for a place to go as a regular.

1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I split the ribeye steak which was delicious. We also had the gumbo, which I liked, but my husband said it was good but just tasted like spicy sausage soup. The kids meals were a great value. My son got two hamburgers and fries for $3.95. The service was awesome! The hostess greeted us at the door and we were seated quickly. Within two minutes of being seated another hostess brought apple slices and yogurt for my kids to snack on while we waited for our food. That was going the extra mile for sure. I was pleased with the quality and amount of food at this restaurant and the excellent service. Now if only the Players Sports Grill across the street would learn a thing or two from them.

1  Thank Malinda M
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having visited or passed through St. George many times over the last decades, I was not expecting to find exceptional cuisine at a moderate price so close to I-15! This new restaurant near the Bluff St. exit off the interstate freeway, provides really tasty meals, especially great Southern cooking - you should really try the fried green tomatoes and mushroom stuffing. A great find and you won't be disappointed! JIM L

1  Thank Curtis C