“Ice cream”

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
Ranked #16 of 40 Quick Bites in St. George
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I were feeling like a treat so we stopped by to get some ice cream! Idk if it’s custard or what but it was delicious! Will go back!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 22, 2019

Ordered up the Fish & Chips, not one of their specialties. The 4 piece was made up of 4 very small battered pieces, a bit disappointing. I will say that the actual fish was tasty, tender. Nice that they supply tarter sauce and vinegar. I'm a white vinegar person, which wasn't available, ust the brown. I tried some chilli, it wasn't very good, could use more meat and a mixture of beans would really go a long way. The taste was there just the viscosity was closer to being a soup. Though I did not have any custard, everyone about certainly did so if you go and can afford the sugars in your diet...go for it. Lastly, the fries were nicely seasoned, Freddy's also is kind enough to provide a fries/ burger seasoning shaker to use if one requied more for their taste buds. The fry sauces were more flavourful than ketchup and probable have less sugar which is an added plus.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2018

This was our first time at Freddy's in St. George and the steak burger was great. We had the double(small patties) with cheese and onion rings. The burger was very tasty and the onion rings crunchy. Loved the Fry sauce(catsup and mayo) for the onion rings. The custard is thick and they have different toppings and things you can add in for a concrete. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will go back again.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Passed this place daily for 3 years and never tried it. From the highway it always looks like nothing is happening. The parking and windows are on the back side from the street and it was busy. Their theory is smash the patty real thin so the edges crisp up but get a double or you don't get much meat. That said, a double combo is about twice the price of fast food franchises. We ordered an original double with hatch chilis and a California double (different sauce plus tomatoes) with hatch chilis in a combo (shoestring fries and a drink included). Fries were enough for 2 of us to share and I thought they were very good but spouse thought they were nothing special. Burgers were great but on the greasy side (that is what I was looking for). Service is typical. Place your order and pay. Then wait for your number to be called and go get it. When the number just before ours was called, wife walked up by the counter to be there when ours was called. 4 different employees asked her if they could help her with something. When we were eating we were visited by 2 employees to ask us if we needed anything or if our food was to our liking. Not used to this service especially in this area. Certainly not your typical fast food place. The decor and background music is "50's diner". At our age we knew all of the songs and felt like we were in a place similar to our high school hangouts. The burgers are different, the fries are thinner than McDonalds and the service is superior. The draw back is the prices are higher.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Lettuce wrapped burger hits the spot. Everyone loves their fries, and they are crispy shoestrings. but I’m a burger gal. Their meat is so flavorful- I don’t know how they make the best burger in town but they do. The frozen custard is pretty darn good too, so save room. This is my go to hands-down favorite causal dining but I’ve seen people in here in their Sunday finest too. Always hit them up when we are in town!!!!