“Wow! We will be back for sure!”
Review of Pirate Island Pizza - CLOSED

Pirate Island Pizza
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had an amazing experience here! The food is very good, especially since they do offer gluten free options. Service was fast and friendly! Arcade was ok, but the kids loved it. Thanks! We will be back again!!!

There are newer reviews for Pirate Island Pizza

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I usually won't write reviews, but I had to say a little something about this place. First off the food was awesome!! I love pizza and I get so sick of eating at pizza restaurants where the food choices for my wife are slim. She doesn't like pizza and gets sick of the same old salad or salad bar. Here she got the pulled chicken tacos and they were amazing!!! I ended up eating half of hers so I had to get her a salad as well. She chose the "pieces of eight chicken salad" The chicken on it was awesome and the use a lettuce I'm not used to seeing that had purple leaves and it was shaped different, it was really good! I got a small meat lovers, and something I had never seen before called the "hidden treasure pizza burger" Let me just say, that although I probably gained ten pounds, that thing was freaking amazing!!! Think small pepperoni pizza wrapped around a hamburger. It was unreal!!!! The only thing I could really critique is the arcade. The games are a little dated, but my daughter stayed in there for almost 40 minutes, so the wife and I got some much needed quality time together. My kid walked out with an armful of toys from winning tickets and was happy as a clam. For what it's worth, she got the pasta with red sauce and meatballs and loved it. We actually had a chance to talk to the owners and they told us the plans they have for the place!! If they are there when you eat here and they have a minute to talk do it, and see what they have planned. St. George needs this place and I hope they get to implement their vision because this place will be even cooler than it is now. My only suggestion to them was get a liquor license!! Pizza and beer are an American standard!! Overall, loved it and will visit frequently if for nothing else to steal some alone time with the wife while my kid gets stuck in the arcade!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been here multiple times, and the changes they have made recently are awesome! The new ownership has been great for this place. The menu was redone and they now have some new items, a new recipe for their pizza crusts, and stuffed crust pizza for no extra charge!
The kids loved the arcade, and it entertained them until our food came out. Our appetizers were out in about 6 minutes, and the rest of our pizza and entrees came out within 13 minutes of ordering! Super impressed with the speed of food, and quality. Our service was excellent too! our server was quick, and friendly and very on top of their game.
The only thing that bothered me, was that it was a little dark to read the menus, and sometimes the sounds they have going are a little too loud. Other than that, it was great! The kids loved it, the atmosphere is great, service was excellent, and food was amazing!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

First off, the decor is very cute and well-themed. But that's kind of where it ends. Everything is a good idea, but there is no proper execution. We went into the arcade and played a little while one of the adults stayed at the table to order. I was the first adult staying at the table to order drinks and pizza. No one came for 15 minutes so I found the other adult with us and we switched and I went to the arcade with my daughter. The arcade is not very good. A lot of the games were broken and the circus shooting game was fizzing out (you couldn't see the graphics very well). Then a little girl, probably around 9 or 10, came up and started talking to us and offered us candy and said her parents worked there. As a mom, I was shocked. There were a couple kids working there and to me that's not okay.

The waiter finally came to take drink and pizza orders after a total of 20 minutes. If my daughter was not occupied the whole time I would've left before he had gotten there. The waiter wasn't a people person. We also ordered salads. When we got the salads the greens were on the brink of being bad (some were already bad), but the ranch dressing was good. The pizza wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good either. We sat in the back of the building and there was a row of booths by us that were very dark. There were no lights above them.

I don't want to discourage people from coming here because it is an amazing concept, but the people who own it need to fix their arcade machines, have better advertising/marketing, get better food recipes, don't have kids working, and have people-oriented waiters/waitresses. With st george not having a whole lot of restaurants and places like this it really is a shame that the execution isn't there. There is so much potential there.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went with 2 other adults and 3 children. We were the only customers and about 6 workers. Salad bar was sloppy, employees standing around visiting. Food took 40 minutes after we ordered. Had sandwiches but they were marginal. Then they overcharged and messed up the credit card bill. Our 1st and last visit.