“Not the typical buffet”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me begin by saying I do not go to buffet restaurants, except in very rare situations. Normally, I dislike buffets for reasons I will not dwell upon here. Members of my family were often speaking of Chuck-A-Rama, and now I know why.
Chuck-A-Rama is not the typical buffet. It may look similar, and the price is similar, but the food is far better than in other buffets I have visited (excluding the Las Vegas casino buffet which was also considerably more expensive).

The food at Chuck-A-Rama was of good quality, monitored regularly by the staff. I usually encountered someone from the kitchen monitoring or replenishing something on the buffet every time I went through - this is a good sign!

I arrived before noon, which was a good time to be there. Once noon arrived, the crowd increased.

Our server was diligent to refill beverages and clear the used plates. In my opinion, this is a good value for the money.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on a tour and really had no great hopes given the appalling name. But how wrong can you be. Staggering choice of everything at a bargain price. Friendly helpful staff and for a vegetarian struggling with the menus offered elsewhere this was superb.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Mostly an older crowd, but that's typical for St. George. I'll bet the ratio of people and AARP cards was about one-to-one.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

wonderful salad bar!! Great selections and very fresh! We also liked the fish and chicken selections. But save room for the desserts!! The carrot cake was heavy but delightful!! And the brownies were yummy!! Eat lunch there- it's cheaper! And if your a senior- there's a discount!

1  Thank KSD17
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice buffet. There was a good variety of everything. A great salad bar, pasta, meats, veggies, great turkey stew and yummy bread pudding. I think there was something for everyone. The staff were efficient and it was a pleasant experience.