“New manager. How's he doing?”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Order Online
Ranked #29 of 287 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2019

Went to red lobster a couple weeks ago and saw a new name on the manager board outside. Asked waitress about it and she was vague in her explanation and said something about old manager was on hospital leave. I said no more. The food was some of the worst I have ever been served in this restaurant. Biscuits undercooked, flounder bland and undercooked, fried shrimp up to their usual fine standard but shrimp scampi was a different story. 2 shrimp didn't have tails and one was no bigger than a salad shrimp. All were in an almost dry container with very little sauce in it. The salad was very good when compared to the salads when Darden owned the company. Service could have been better if servers were allowed to do their work instead of lunchtime business meeting with manager. I wanted to try it again to see if the last time was a fluke or the new norm. Got same waitress as last time and ordered the same meal. Salad was still good but lacked enough onion (that seems to be a Utah thing). Biscuits were cooked a little longer and very good. Fried shrimp were the usual high standard but flounder looked like a smaller portion than usual but well prepared. Side of rice was smaller but still adequate. Shrimp scampi were in a bowl so dry that the edge of what had been a little sauce was burned black. 5 shrimp that appeared to be around 50-60 shrimp. Wife had usual tacos that had better shrimp than my scampi but a lot less sauce than the other 20 to 30 times she has ordered them. I stopped coming here for fried fish some time ago and would never order their chowder again as it does not even approach acceptable to us. I think lobster is the most over-rated bug in the world and would never trade it for a good dunginess crab. I say this after living on an ocean going boat for 21 years and eating almost anything that grows in the Atlantic, pacific and caribbean oceans. I will probably go back as I know of no other place to get shrimp scampi in area. If it falls in quality any further, I will be forced to make it for myself.

Date of visit: May 2019
ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Hi, thank you for visiting and sending us your feedback. We strive to give you the best experience, and would like the opportunity to give you a 5 star experience, next time. We will pass your feedback on to our team. If you would like a member of our guest relations team to follow up with you please give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, and 2:00PM to 5:00PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed March 31, 2019

The food was OK but pretty average. The service was pretty bad. We had to ask our server multiple times for things. And she still got some of it wrong.

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

The bread was tasty and fresh. The salad was ok. Our main dish was horrible. The popcorn shrimp were dried out and tough. We could only taste the breading, I don’t think that there was any shrimp inside. I also had the shrimp scampi. They used very small shrimp in the scampi and they tasted bland. The baked potatoes were very very small.
The service was good.

ClawdeL, Owner at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience at our restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, and 2:00PM to 5:00PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Customer service was top notch Food was so delicious & amazing ❤️ The alcoholic beverages was also very yummy!

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

A late lunch with the family and some great service! The service today made up for the nasty lettuce in my salad. The biscuits were delicious, adding cherry flavoring to my dr pepper was even better. The main course was also really good. So next time Red Lobster have someone check the lettuce before serving it in your salads!