“Best mexican food in Saint George.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ernesto's
Ranked #171 of 240 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Saint George Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best mexican food in Saint George.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I loved the waiter, he was funny and helpful. The food at Ernesto's is awesome, they serve the best chips and salsa, perfectly spicy and the chips are always warm. My husband and I have stopped going to other Mexican restaurants in Saint George because every time we do we're hoping they will be as good as Ernesto's but they never are. Also, it's never really busy there so you can always expect to get your food in a timely fashion.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Hilari_88

utah
“Mixed reviews from 2 people”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

My husband and I went to Ernesto's on a Saturday night. He suggested it after having been there on business with some local clients.
We were served chips and salsa when we were seated. The tortilla chips appeared to have been cooked on site, still with hot oil on them. Too much oil for me. The salsa was interesting - a different tang to it but tasty. I ordered a pork tamale at the waitress's suggestion. I wouldn't get it again. The tamale was slightly doughy, the pork was okay. My husband had a pork burrito with rice and beans. He seemed to enjoy it. I tried some of the burrito and rice and found both unremarkable.
The service was okay - the waitress was very busy but pleasant. After her suggesting the tamale I thought she would ask how I liked it but no. The environment was clean but unremarkable.
I wouldn't go there again but obviously my husband seemed to be okay with it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is one of our favorites here in town. Authentic mexican food, with enough variety that the kids like to go too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008