“Good Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Enjoyed a good meal at this Cafe Rio, had a veggie burrito and it hit the spot. Enjoyed the smothered burrito. This burrito could be split for two it's such a big portion, but why do that right? Clean and fast service.

1  Thank Bummin23

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stopped in on our drive from Vegas to Salt Lake City and were impressed by how quickly we zoomed through the line! Food was excellent: we both had the chicken tostada special of the day, so lunch was less than $7.00 each! Loved the selection of hot sauces in the condiments area.

1  Thank HomemadeHappy
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Rio gets five stars from me. It is the equivalent, if not better, than the Chipotle Mexican Grills chain which I really like. The premise is the same - you wait in line and order what kind of burrito, salad, taco or quesedilla you want and pick and choose your ingredients. It is the Subway of Mexican food.

My fiance, who is vegetarian, both had burrito salads (mine with chicken) and we were both impressed with the size of the salds, the freshness of the ingredients and the value ($19 with 2 bottles of water).

If you're a good judge of Mexican food then maybe you'll disagree with how authentic the food is, but I loved my salad with the cilantro & lime dressing.

Bottom line is that we received 2 really big, really fresh, really tasty burrito salads for less than $20! We'd eat there again in a heartbeat next time we're in St.George!

1  Thank steeltownhab
Reviewed April 15, 2011

This place has kind of a simple menu, and you go thru a line and specify what you want included in your order. They have specials on the week nights that aren't on the regular menu. On a Sunday evening my husband had the enchiladas (choice of several meats) and I had a taco salad w/ barbeque pork. Both were really good, but we wanted to try dessert. We were too full, so came back Monday, just for dessert, but my husband ended up getting the chili rellano special, and I got the soup. The soup is positively outstanding. He had lime pie and I had tres leches cake. Both very good!

1  Thank Ricaroo
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is a great place...don't be fooled by what appears to be a fast food, order and pick-up sort of restaurant. The food here is terrific and we actually went out of our way to go back here on our way back from a vacation trip. The food was fresh, the burritos out of this world and our only lament is that there isn't a location within 500 miles of our home! You won't be sorry that you stopped here, also one in Cedar City as well as other locations in Utah.

1  Thank SoundviewWest

Been to Cafe Rio? Share your experiences!