“A local jewel!”

Paula's Cazuela
Ranked #148 of 287 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This is a local favorite that according to our waitress opened in November 1974, which I believe makes Paula’s one of the oldest St. George restaurants still running. I like the bright decor which makes for an authentic feeling atmosphere and the staff are very attentive and kind but you don’t stay open for 44 years without great food! I had the shredded beef enchiladas and my husband had the chicken burrito which was fried like a chimichanga. Yum and Yum! I love their salsa, a good Mexican restaurant must have great salsa! The horchata was also muy bueno! My husband and I went for lunch but we saw many business groups dining as well.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We keep coming back to Paula's. They never disappoint. Delicious entrees, and a lovely view. Paula likes to change up the decor on a regular basis, so each visit is a new experience. A great family run establishment, with a genuine Tex-Mex menu.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We stopped here a few weeks ago with family who love the place. It is a little weird having a side Salas before mexican food. The food was good but it’s a bit pricey. The service was good.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

We were celebrating my wife's birthday in the middle of a very busy day. We were treated royally. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating and we were able to order from the full menu. We enjoyed the atmosphere which reminded us of a visit to Tijuana many years ago. Our food was served in a very timely manner and was well prepared. Our server was very pleasant, helpful and was very knowledgeable about the various offerings. The portions were very ample and nicely plated. Alcoholic beverages are not served which for us was not a negative. We were there for the food! My wife was presented with a surprise birthday sundae, which was not expected but definitely appreciated. The entire staff was very pleasant and we look forward to our next visit to Paula's.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

You don't find many places outside of Texas that serve good Tex-Mex food, but this restaurant in St. George, up on the side of the hill above Bluff St. has great Tex-Mex.
It's not easy to find, because it is on the side of the hill. There is a street that turns
off Bluff St that goes up to the parking lot to Paula's so you really have to be looking
for it. There is plenty of parking and the wait staff was very helpful. We asked for
a table by the windows and had a very nice view of St. George.

Date of visit: March 2018