“Pretty good Mexican food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Paradise, Utah
“Pretty good Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I ate at this facility about 12 years ago after a conference and decided to try it again this time with the wife. Being of Spanish decent, she is a stickler for various tastes in Mexican food. She declared that the food met her expectations and would eat there again. I ordered the special of the day (enchiladas) that ended up having onions, which I'm not a fan of. However, the overall experience was pretty good and we'd likely eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Francis W

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Mexican food with a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This 45 year old restaurant sits on a hill above St. George. It has a terrific view of the surrounding area including a large stone mesa. The food is good but not great. The view is the reason to eat here.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank John M
Ingleside, Illinois
“Mediocre food and very slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was not worth the wait. The Mexican food was ok nothing special. Our wait was unbelievably long. The waitress was a real sweetheart, if it wasn't for her we may have walked out. I think the problem came from the kitchen, as they were not busy. The view is nice and they did have a liquor license which many restaurants do not have. The drink helped with our long wait.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dickandjackie
St. George, Utah
“I only go here when my brother comes to town”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I am not a big Paula's fan, although it seems to be a popular place. There is only one thing on the menu that I like, "Paula's Especial burrito." Everything else is horrible as Mexican food goes. I think of tomato sauce seasoned with black pepper for their enchilada sauce. Don't get an enchilada here if you are from California or Texas.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank babybizliz
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Average Mexican food with a long wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went to Paula's on a Saturday afternoon when the Senior Games were in town (so most places were super busy). It's located on the far end of St George and sits up a tiny bit on the hill so I thought that might be why it wasn't busy. After our meal I decided people must know about the slow service and okay food so choose to go somewhere else.

There was only one other table with customers when we arrived so we were seated immediately. A waitress quickly brought out pitchers of water, chips, and salsa. Five minutes later a different waitress came to take our drink orders (5 of us stayed with water, 1 wanted iced tea). A few minutes later she brought out the drinks but didn't ask if we were ready to order she just asked if we wanted more chips. We finally ordered and it seemed like forever before they brought the food out. But she did bring chips to our table at least 3 different times.

My mom and I chose a cheese enchilada with rice and a salad. My 9-year-old had mac & cheese with tater tots. My 5-year-old had a kids quesadilla. My husband had cheese and beef enchilada with rice and beans. My dad had a tostada with rice and beans. W all agreed the food was fine, not great but not bad either.

It's too bad they don't have an outdoor dining area. That might make up for the bland food and slow service. When we asked if we could sit in the room where we could have a view, they said no with no explanation. We probably won't go back since there are other choices for Mexican food in St George.

• Visited October 2012