“What a welcome treat while traveling through Utah!”
Review of Painted Pony

Painted Pony
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This is a great 3.5 to 4.0 star restaurant "our rating" between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. All other restaurants in this culinary strip of desert are off scale on the low end. Our dinner consisted of the local "cheese sampler" and the tenderloin and hanger steak. Both were generous cuts, well flavored and generous portions with fresh side vegges. The service was great and a $10 corkage saves on the beverage tab if you BYOB. The mashed potatoes however, were somewhat dry and the horseradish sauce diluted to very mild. We are after all, in Utah. We would recommend this to all when traveling to the Zion/Bryce area or just passing through Utah in search of a quality meal.

There are newer reviews for Painted Pony

Reviewed September 8, 2009

Lunch is same quality as dinner but less then half the price. I would say go at lunch about $9-10 a plate unless you are looking for a fine dinning dinner experience. Awesome food they also support local organic gardens. To start off I had the carrot jalapeno bisque WOW great! not to spicy and full of flavor. For appetizer my husband couldn't decide so we got the Brie and coconut shrimp we both decided after eating them we could NOT have done without both :) coconut shrimp was so flavor full and the brie was perfect severed with berry compote and a roasted garlic. For our entree I had the Heirloom tomato salad fresh as can be. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich with fries and house made ketchup. We ordered to much and got a to go box but then we decided to order desert because the food was so amazing, so we ordered the cheesecake tower and we are so glad we did it was by far the best part my mouth is watering just thinking about it I would not go back without ordering it. By far our best meal in St. George ever the service was also top notch the atmosphere and decor perfect all in all i have been there twice lunch Sept. 2009 and dinner summer 2008 and had the same amazing experience both times although I do prefer the lunch :)

Reviewed August 24, 2009

This review is based on only one visit, made by chance in August 2009 on our way back from seeing a Shakespeare play in Cedar City. We were jonesing for some good food and a glass of wine and had almost given up hope of finding anything remotely acceptable in this town where either is a foreign concept, when we stumbled on the Painted Pony entirely by accident. The service, wine list, and food were on a par with good to excellent restaurants anywhere - not Michelin three-star but within a stone's throw of one-star, which is high praise. Our waitron was excellent and most informative. We were especially wowed by one appetizer, the bacon-wrapped almond-stuffed dates with a port wine reduction and crumbs of Stilton. The Maki shark special was excellent, though the anchovy flavor in the supposedly anchovy-spiked sauce was very weak. You're unlikely to be disappointed. If there's anything better in St. George - pretty much an artificially flavored ice cream, Velveeta, sugar, salt and and white dough fried in trans-fats kind of town otherwise - I'd be very surprised.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

Good but expensive but go on a Wednesday and ladies eat half price

Reviewed June 17, 2009

My husband and I were visiting St. George for our anniversary weekend. We chose the Painted Pony for our actual anniversary night dinner. It was a Saturday night, and it was not busy and pretty quiet. We loved the decor the moment we entered. I would label the food and drinks as quite good but not great. I enjoyed the salad most of all. Gina, our server, was professional and attentive (and took a great photo of us). We left feeling happy, full and like we had paid a reasonable price for the experience. We'll definitely return again on future visits. I'd like to try the outdoor seating next time just for a slightly different ambience.