“Big fish in small pond”
Review of Painted Pony

Painted Pony
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

While this is a welcome exception to the mostly chain restaurants in St. George, and the food was pretty good, it's not fantastic by larger town standards. My monkfish special was pretty salty and my boyfriend's steak was only average. Standout: Key Lime Pie. That was fantastic!

Nice ambience with an outdoor seating area as well to catch the evening breeze. Small wine by the glass menu and nothing you can't buy at the grocery store (well, not in Utah, but you know what I mean.)

Our server was clearly doing his winter gig while waiting for the Cedar City Shakespeare festival to start up again. Taking the whole thing a little too serious and dramatic.

Overall it was a fine dinner and probably best you can get in the area, but big city folk will just be a tad disappointed.

1  Thank ARL2601
There are newer reviews for Painted Pony

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This may be the best restaurant in this town but if you moved it to a big city, it could not compete.

2  Thank dbrown46
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I had a great meal at the end of a 2 week driving trip, at the end of April, through the Southwest States EXCEPT FOR the service. Don't get me wrong, it was attentive, but it always seemed as if we were " lucky " to be there. It wasn't until we were leaving that we were asked how our meal was - and this was by the hostess. NOT ONCE did our server come by to ask how things were. The poor hostess' chin dropped when I told her that she was the first person to ask . I wrote a note to management suggesting that there should be a review of service attitude and bring it up to the level of Chef's attitude towards his meal preparation and presentation. This was one of the only times while travelling that we have not been asked how our meal was.

DB form Vancouver, Canada

2  Thank rasta128
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a nice place for a meeting or small gathering - not bad for date lunch either. Expensive for dinner. The ambiance is enjoyable, but the over all food experience for the value you will pay doesn't necessarily cross over. I enjoy going there for lunch, but dinner isn't worth it - way to expensive for the experience. Good food. Love the art. Like the environment. I'd go there to drink their ice cold water, but I don't get crazy about paying for the whole experience.

1  Thank trm1175
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We enjoyed a great dinner here. The atmosphere, service and food was excellent. The wait staff is attentive, but not over bearing. My husband had the small filet and ate every bite, which is very unusual. The veggies were wonderful. I opted for a salad and the quail appetizer. If you want to enjoy a special night out, I highly recommend it!