“Perfect for a relaxing lunch”
Review of Painted Pony

Painted Pony
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Painted Pony is a terrific place to stop for a leisurely lunch, especially on a sunny day when the top-floor deck is open for seating. The menu does a nice job of keeping the theme of Southwest cuisine in mind while offering a wide array of choices. The Southwestern twist on a traditional reuben sandwich was executed perfectly and the frozen lemon souffle dessert (recommended by our server) was outstanding. I haven't been there for dinner, but at lunch I thought the prices were appropriate for the quality of the food and the overall experience, including service and atmosphere. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Painted Pony

Reviewed March 16, 2014

First of all we loved the atmosphere of the Painted Pony and the surrounding art and gift shops. We were to late to enjoy their Friday Art Tour but did get a peek at some of the wonderful photography in the studios. Dinner for us was around 8 with no reservations but they accommodated us and we had a lovely dinner. The food was creative and delicious and our waiter was excellent. Every morsel was good and when we get back to St. George we shall return to this gem.

1  Thank LovingUtah
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Three of us dined recently at the Painted Pony, a restaurant that has become our favorite place to eat when we travel to visit family in St. George. We have never been disappointed, but I think we were all especially pleased with our choices this time. The hangar steak, the pork chop and a new special, a pea and parsnip ravioli dish, along with their sides were all splendid. We shared, so we know! The bacon wrapped date starter was also a pleasant combination of flavors. The ambience is standard southwestern, and the noise level can be high, depending on the table and the crowd. The only drawback I can see is that it is not easily accessible. The elevator doesn't stop at the mezzanine level, so the only way to avoid stairs is to use a ramp from the ground, and I would think the trip up the ramp could be a challenge for some.

1  Thank SarahMacDillon_2005
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Painted Pony has a very nice ambience about it, the service is first rate, & a reservation really means something. Having said that, we thought the food was nothing special, particularly in view of the prices. I had a steak that was average at best. Other reviews compare this establishment to "excellent places in Las Vegas." I've eaten in many restaurants in Las Vegas, and every steak I've had there was dramatically better than the one I was served at Painted Pony.

1  Thank Hugh M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at the Painted Pony for 6 years since we moved to town. It is the only place here that bears comparisons to similar excellent places in Las Vegas. It is especially good at organizing wine tasting meals with small wineries or vacation specials. Worth a trip to town to try it. Excellent and sophisticated menu and skilled service. Not to be missed.

1  Thank Bondanella