“Outstanding food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Painted Pony

Painted Pony
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 234 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
Hausen am Albis, Switzerland
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were very lucky to get in as we turned up as a walk in on a Saturday night and therefore were walked fhrough the cool of the inside to an outside covered seating area. However the temperature was perfect and similarly so followed the sevice and food. There is a super selecton of flavoured cream sodas and soft drinks and extensive wine list. The local (Zion) brewery produces a fab IPA too which is offered draft along with a lighter beer. As we were not all hungry we were advised to think about sharing both appetisers and mains as a family meal whcih worked very well. We had the bacon wrapped almond stuffed dates with stilton and beet with cream cheese and walnut salad which was seved as a cake. My youngest had the crab cakes which was a generous portion and my other son the seared tuna which was nothing short of exceptional. My wife and i shared the rib eye and a side of broccolini - there was no problem switching the beans for asparagus either. It was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. Service was very good with plenty of water/soft drink refills and additional bread with the olive oil and balsamic. There was no chance of being able to fit in any desert but we left all the plates clean! The cheque came to 150$ without tips. We would happily return and have no hesitation in recommending this place especially for that memorable treat.

1 Thank Neil P

Long Beach, CA
“Don't miss this if you are in St. George”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I were surprised to find such an upscale restaurant in St. George. The food was very good, the service professional and the ambiance was good. Indoor and outdoor seating available.

Provo, Utah
“Very, Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A couple of years ago I ate at the Painted Pony and it was pretty good. Not great, but OK. Then, my wife and I had dinner there tonight and it was really great. Everything was delicious. The service was very good. Perhaps there is a new owner or chef... I don’t know. But we really enjoyed it. The coconut shrimp with mango chili sauce and asian cabbage slaw was great. I also had the carrot soup with jalapeño which is their signature soup. Enjoyed the items shown in the two photos I uploaded too—splitting the desert with my wife. You’ll enjoy it.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Hits & Misses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

First, there was no direct tie-in with the Blood, Sweat & Tears hit, “Spinning Wheel,” which was a little off-putting – but seriously:
I found lots of recommendations for this hard-to-find dining spot located in Ancestor’s Square, and there is a lot to like: good service, very nice ambience, and a creative menu. But the quality of the dishes was a bit uneven. Some things were great - (salads, dessert, sides,) and some things didn't measure up to the bar set by the service and atmosphere - (quail appetizer, pork chop entree, shrimp entree.) I wish there were a "Good" rating - because the server and atmosphere make this spot "above average." I imagine that with different entree selections, my rating would jump significantly - but that's how the spinning wheel spins.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our party of 8 was pleasantly surprised by this gem of a restaurant in St. George. Each time we visit St. George, we are very disappointed by the lack of decent restaurants, and if the Painted Pony's prices were more affordable, we'd eat here every time. This is definitely a 'special occasion' restaurant.

For appetizers, we enjoyed the phyllo baked brie, coconut shrimp (ordered one but received two) and mussels.

Our entrees consisted of the grilled ribeye, ravioli, and rack of New Zealand lamb, among others. All were very tasty and well presented. The beet salad was also very enjoyable. The wine list was impressive and the younger folk enjoyed Shirley Temples. We also appreciated our waitress letting us know about kid friendly entrees at kid friendly prices.

We were too full for dessert and by that time, our waitress was very busy with other tables and it took us 45 minutes to settle up the check. Other than the poor service and the very end of our meal and a slight miscommunication about splitting the check, it was a nice treat and we would highly recommend the Painted Pony.

• Visited June 2013