“I loved it...”
Review of Painted Pony

Painted Pony
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 255 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nicely tucked away at Main Street. Friendly staff, making sure I felt at home (travelled alone).
Great Mojito with berries... mmm...
It doesn't come cheap, but when dining out, it is never.
I had the starter of the day, green asperges in a crispy coat, with horse reddish sause... I never had it this way. Yummi.
Next I had the steak with brussels sprouts. The steak was nice. The sprouts not cooked enough to my taste.

Overall, I was happy to have selected the Painted House for my evening out. Will go back...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

In a city dominated by steak houses, it was a real treat to find some real culinary creativity. Eating on the patio was especially nice although a loud group came in at the end of our meal and really killed what was a very nice ambiance.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were only in St. George for one night on route to Vegas.
This restaurant was highly rated in TripAdvisor so we decided to give it a try.
Good decision.
I had the tenderloin and my wife had the north Atlantic salmon.
Both were excellent.
My wife had onion soup to start and it actually came in a huge hollowed out onion. I actually took a picture of it.
We ended the meal with a great creme brulee.
Service was excellent and the ambiance and view were great.

3  Thank Jim J
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Painted Pony exceeded my expectations. The food was creative and delicious. I had the bacon wrapped duck and it was not only beautiful to look at but the flavors of the bacon and duck complimented each other very well. My husband had the rack of lamb. The portion was extremely generous - we could have shared it easily. Again, both the meat and the vegetables were perfectly cooked and presented. We also had the soup - onion soup was yummy. Yes, we did have dessert. We split a white chocolate cheesecake tower which, luckily after all we'd eaten already, was light and tasty with delicate walnut cookies and a raspberry sauce. The service matched the food. The wait staff was helpful, attentative, friendly and with a good knowledge of the menu. Makes me wish I lived in St. George, but I'll definitely go to the Painted Pony on my next trip there.

1  Thank Delores M
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a very enjoyable evening at the Painted Pony. I had the pork chop with pear stuffed with blue cheese and walnut and mashed potatoes. My husband had a steak. Both were delicious and well presented. Good wine selection, nice patio setting and friendly, prompt waitstaff. We were just passing through St George but if we ever return, we would definitely eat at the Painted Pony again.

Been to Painted Pony? Share your experiences!