“Real treat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Painted Pony

Painted Pony
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 240 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
“Real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

In a city dominated by steak houses, it was a real treat to find some real culinary creativity. Eating on the patio was especially nice although a loud group came in at the end of our meal and really killed what was a very nice ambiance.

“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were only in St. George for one night on route to Vegas.
This restaurant was highly rated in TripAdvisor so we decided to give it a try.
Good decision.
I had the tenderloin and my wife had the north Atlantic salmon.
Both were excellent.
My wife had onion soup to start and it actually came in a huge hollowed out onion. I actually took a picture of it.
We ended the meal with a great creme brulee.
Service was excellent and the ambiance and view were great.

3 Thank Jim J
Prescott
“This horse comes in first”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Painted Pony exceeded my expectations. The food was creative and delicious. I had the bacon wrapped duck and it was not only beautiful to look at but the flavors of the bacon and duck complimented each other very well. My husband had the rack of lamb. The portion was extremely generous - we could have shared it easily. Again, both the meat and the vegetables were perfectly cooked and presented. We also had the soup - onion soup was yummy. Yes, we did have dessert. We split a white chocolate cheesecake tower which, luckily after all we'd eaten already, was light and tasty with delicate walnut cookies and a raspberry sauce. The service matched the food. The wait staff was helpful, attentative, friendly and with a good knowledge of the menu. Makes me wish I lived in St. George, but I'll definitely go to the Painted Pony on my next trip there.

1 Thank Delores M
Palm Desert, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable evening at the Painted Pony. I had the pork chop with pear stuffed with blue cheese and walnut and mashed potatoes. My husband had a steak. Both were delicious and well presented. Good wine selection, nice patio setting and friendly, prompt waitstaff. We were just passing through St George but if we ever return, we would definitely eat at the Painted Pony again.

Visited April 2013
Kanab, Utah
“A must visit reataurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a couple times before, but not in like two years. Every time I loved it. My friend and I went for lunch the other day, love the decor and paintings, and the cute little window spot for our table. The prices are VERY reasonable for lunch! (I've been in for dinner, it's pricier but the food is equally amazing). Anyways, portions were huge and we left fully stuffed! I loved my liguini clams and my friend loved her turkey club on that braided dark wheat bread that they make there?? Anyways, yum! And our berry mojito and pomegranate martini was excellent as well. I will be back!

• Visited April 2013