“Excellent food for a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of China Palace

China Palace
Ranked #162 of 242 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent food for a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is one of my favorite places for lunch, along with my husband. The cream cheese wontons are delicious, and the lunch combo plates are plenty of food with good variety. The egg drop soup is good, and I always get the sweet and sour chicken and beef and broccoli. The staff is friendly and attentive, though the atmosphere is a little stuffy and the bathroom is tiny.

• Visited December 2013

Santa Clara, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I dropped in for some soup and pot stickers. We enjoyed it, very much. Warning the pot sticker sauce is spicy, my wife loved it. This is a nice low key place, so if your looking for Shangri-La look elsewhere but it you want good you may like this place.

• Visited December 2013
West Yorkshire
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Ate here on evening - wish we had not!
Food bland, menu poor.
Staff cleaning floors and toilets whilst we ate. Other guests wanted to use facilities and told they could not as they were cleaning.
Complained about food when we paid the bill. Member of staff said lots of people like it!!! Poor customer service. Avoid this place.

Visited November 2013
Salt Lake, Utah
“Local Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We took our grandson for lunch and it was great little place. The food was good and reasonably priced. My hubby had the Kung Pao shrimp and he thought it was really good. I had the sweet and sour shrimp and my grandson had sweet and sour chicken and it was a little too sweet but still really good. Our total bill was still under $20 and we had egg drop soup, entree with fried rice and egg rolls. There seemed to be quite a few locals coming in for lunch. I would definitely go back again.

Visited October 2013
St George, Utah
“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Took my son here for lunch. Portions for him were perfect, (skinny 16 year old), a little small for what I like (big guy). Don't go here to get stuffed. Just average food, service was friendly and attentive.

I enjoyed the chow mien. No complaints to report. Just average all around.

Food was hot, atmosphere was Chinese with some other weird stuff at the counter where you pay.

Key point for me is that I would go back for the chow mien.

• Visited April 2013