“"Especially Good Food"”

George's Corner Restaurant & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
George's Corner Restaurant & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 256 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: George’s Corner Restaurant is in the heart of Downtown St. George. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The atmosphere is casual and the food is made fresh to order every day. George’s Corner celebrates the history of St. George by featuring pictures and family photos from the 1900’s. It stands on the same corner as the old Big Hand Café that was one of the first iconic restaurants in St. George. Today history repeats itself; George’s is becoming the new gathering place for the community. Live music is offered every weekend and the biscuits are fresh every morning.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

First time at George's Corner Restaurant & Pub, we were travelling & needed a place for supper. I had seen this advertised, so we thought we would give it a try as there are not that many places to eat in St. George. My husband and I were very impressed! I had the Veggie Sandwich with house salad, and mmmm…. delicious! I have never had a "house" salad that had candied pecans & thinly sliced pears on it - so yummy! My husband had the Cheese Steak Sandwich and he said it was one of the best he has had! There was a 2 man band playing, Nic something, & they were not that good, but apparently they have different live bands in all the time. Has a great atmosphere also & it was packed - just another way of showing "good food" served here! We will definitely stop again when driving thru!

1  Thank Michelle C

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I ordered fish & chips. The battered cod was very oily and not to my taste. The chips were very thin and that made them a little hard to eat. The service provider didn't bring any more water but he managed the rest of the table well. We were rubbing elbows while eating. The music was pleasant. The menu was very limited, hamburgers, sandwiches and chips, and above average in price for the cost of the items offered. The menus need a bit of a facelift.The table setting for holding the food, dessert and drinks menus could be spruced up a bit more.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've been to George's four times in the last few weeks. Twice for breakfast and twice with friends for lunch. We have not been there when there has been live music, so I can't speak to that. The food is good, no question about that. Breakfast has enough offerings to make you have to choose and the burger at lunch is tops. My wife has had the Eggs Benedict twice (using local farm fresh eggs) and that dish has not been consistent . Great one time and OK the next. My omelets have been perfect for me. The coffee is great, the service is wonderful (slow if there is a crowd, which you can understand). With all the places to go in that immediate area, you owe it to yourself to try it. There are three seating areas. Check the website for more.

1  Thank UncleLenny
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We have eaten at George's Corner many times and they finally decided to try breakfast since they have several coffee choices and a knock-out location and building....this is an amazing atmosphere!

The breakfast trade competition is brutal out there and my poor friends at George's apparently never go out to eat in the mornings. They are way over priced, the portions are petite, the menu slightly unclear, and generally the food cold. The menu does not specify bread choices and after you add on the bread at an additional cost they bring you a hard, cold biscuit thinking it will dazzle you with their generosity. Trouble is it is more suited for a food fight at summer camp. The morning servers seem to be untrained and very inexperienced....give me someone who eats out now and again to serve me.....cold coffee is not my cup of tea - no pun intended.

Mark my word - by about April 2014 they will give it up and stick with their lunches, dinners, and pub service. The trouble with their timeline is it is about 12 months too late. If you are going to do breakfast, my goodness, put something out there that will get people coming back and lining up like there competition across the street.

Advice here is avoid breakfast here no matter what.

1  Thank Ken84770
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We arrived in town late on a Thursday evening and this venue was the only one open for food. We were not disappointed - good service, extensive menu and great beer to wash the meal down with. We will return here again during the marathon weekend in 2014.

1  Thank flightlevels6