“Overpriced for what it is”

George's Corner Restaurant & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
George's Corner Restaurant & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 255 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: George’s Corner Restaurant is in the heart of Downtown St. George. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The atmosphere is casual and the food is made fresh to order every day. George’s Corner celebrates the history of St. George by featuring pictures and family photos from the 1900’s. It stands on the same corner as the old Big Hand Café that was one of the first iconic restaurants in St. George. Today history repeats itself; George’s is becoming the new gathering place for the community. Live music is offered every weekend and the biscuits are fresh every morning.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We walked here on request from the front desk of the hotel we were staying in down the road (which we were told the restaurant gives a discount for staying in this hotel FALSE, no military discount either). The pub is in a great spot and has a really unique lay out and a great overall feel. The waitress was friendly but not very knowledgeable on the prices. I was told my small pitcher of bud light was on special for $2.XX I should have known that was to good to be true because it turned out to be $7.50! My wifes coke cost $3.00, I cant believe that restaurants get away with charging that these days. I recommend the pulled pork sandwich with fries (VERY GOOD) but not the grilled ham and cheese (corner pub specialty). I would only recommend this if you are looking to spend an easy $40-50 for a family of 3. At those prices I think I would have rather gone to texas roadhouse or chilis.

1  Thank pearl_drummer21

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Wait too long at nearby breakfast restaurant, so we went across the street to George's. Happy we did! Nice place overall, attentive service, good food and decent prices... Except for orange juice $5.00, but the price to pay for fresh. Definitely try it! We will be back!

2  Thank Carolynchase13
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My second time back to George's , very average on last visit.. this was on a Sunday around 4:00 pm.. only a couple of customers.. we ordered two appetizers... Wings with spicy peanut sauce were great.. large wings. .and Nachos were good/average.. a bit greasy..
Server was also the bartender , service was great.. maybe its the day/server or number of customers.. but this was a far better experience then the last time we were there..

1  Thank bjazzed
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant was right down the street from where we stayed. The food was very good & the service friendly & attentive. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who might be in the area!

1  Thank lascallady
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We arrived before 11 AM for a last breakfast. When my wife asked the hostess which menus were available, we were told both breakfast and lunch. My wife opted for the lunch menu; when I asked for the breakfast menu I was told we had to use the same one and to make a choice ... So lunch seemed to be the order of the day. After waiting 10 minutes our server arrived. As we had reviewed the lunch menu and found nothing appealing at the moment, we asked for the breakfast menu. The exasperated sigh by our lady server was very disconcerting. We were provided with the menus but told to make a quick decision as the line was being closed. We ordered quickly and then waited. My meal arrived but not my wife's (apparently they made the wrong dish) so mine sat for another 10 minutes while we waited for her order. While the food was very good, the service was lacking. The coffee was rationed to one cup and then when the meal was nearly over, the offer of a refill. I just think that if you spend over $25.00 for breakfast, service should be included in the price.