“the worst hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Bountiful, Utah
“the worst hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

I had an awful experience: rooms are so dirty that I had to clean my own room just to be able to sleep that night! Their so called continental breakfast is pathetic! Then they overchaged me too! We will NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank VC1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Customer service at its worse! I tried to cancel our reservation over the phone tonight and it was just a horrendous experience! I was told I had to cancel online, however there was no cancellation button. When I called back I was once again told to cancel online, which I TRIED to explain to the man on the phone but he talked over me and would not listen, just kept telling me to cancel on line. I finally rose my voice and yelled at him to listen to me! Then he tells me that it's too late to cancel. I had a guaranteed late arrival for tomorrow night. He tells me that the cancellation is morning to morning! Where does it say that in the cancellation policy!?! He was able to locate my reservation, but then proceeded to tell me that I would be charged 25% for not canceling online! Yet, if I no-show, I will only get charged the one night plus tax. What kind of a crazy policy is THAT?!
So, I ended up hanging up on this person since he would not assist me and talked over me and went to the webiste - which by the way he said they didn't have one - and selected Contact Us so I could document my cancellation and inform them that I would dispute any charge that they put on my credit card. Guess what?! The contact us link take you to myfax.com and when they are called know absolutely nothing about this hotel! This whole incident is just insane! I am documenting this lack of customer service here, so that when it comes time to provide proof of my attempts to cancel 24 hours prior to my arrival that I have done so. Run fast and far far away! If you're looking for English-speaking customer service and respect to a woman, you won't find it here!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane R

Travelers are raving about these St. George hotels

Pleasant Grove, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

Wow, where to start on this place. Me, my wife, and two young children stayed here this past week. We rolled into town very late (11:45) and my family condo was being used by someone else so we began looking. Just so happened that there were softball games, and who knows what else going on in town and the rooms were just gone. We called 20 places before this one hit the list.
Then we discovered the Sun Time Inn. The owner told us that he only had one room left, his "king suite". It would be 80 dollars flat. It was our last resort, so we took it. Wow, again...The room was the "king suite"? I would HATE to see what the other rooms were like! This place was a CRAP HOLE.!! This was just about the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. It had two bathrooms, two bedrooms and a sitting room. One bathroom had all the bulbs burnt out and dirt everywhere. The toilet had permanent brown stain in it. The other bathroom had zero hot water and there was a wicked smell in that one. The kitchen drawers had old cigarettes and lighters, plus old rolling papers in them. The ceiling was bulging in places where it looked like water damage had just been painted over. There were crude patch jobs over the places the pipes had been worked on it appeared. The couch had giant stains on it from crap knows what....man, I could go on and on...
The health department should be notified of this place, for real. It was just barely up to code, let alone, in violation of it. This is one of those hotels you see on cops where they are dragging the junkies and hookers out of it. YOU SHOULD NOT STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON!!!! My wife would not even let my kids touch the floors. We were out of there the minute the sun came up. Our car would have been a better bet for an overnighter. I am itching just sitting here typing, thinking about it! Wow. Lesson learned.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank meowser
Woods Cross, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

I have stayed in quite a few hotels over the years, and have found all my stays to be acceptable with one exception. That's the weekend we stayed at the Sun Time Inn. The date of our stay was a couple years prior than I can select, but the experience will forever be burned in my memory. I try never to think about it, as I'm not one to dwell on bad experiences. But as a service to all of you, I thought I had better write a review.

I had decided to stay at the Sun Time Inn because it was the closest hotel to the finish of the St. George Marathon. It's location was perfect for our purposes. I could walk to the buses that would take us to the marathon start, and I could walk from the finish line to my room to take a quick shower. Well, I would rather walk 26 miles back to the start of the race than stay in this hotel again. The location is not worth what we went through staying here.

When we checked in, they had us pay up front for all three nights. That is pretty much the norm now days. But when we walked into our room we realized we had been had! There were potato chips on the kitchen floor, fruit loops on the edges of the room, a dirty bed spread, and holes in the walls! Even though we couldn't afford it, we would have walked right out and stayed somewhere else if every hotel in town wasn't booked. That is every hotel except for the Sun Time Inn. On marathon weekend, every hotel in town is booked way in advance. But when you drive by the Sun Time Inn, you will always see a vacancy sign. Maybe that's because no one stays here twice!!

On top of this, the service was awful as well. When we complained about our rooms, they were very unprofessional and rude. Then they had the gumption to call the police on us for complaining! We were silent the rest of the trip, because we had no other options unless we wanted to sleep in the van for a few days and still not get our money back. In hind site, that may have been a better option. When we got home, two of our family had lice.

I don't know what else to say. I keep thinking that eventually this place will shut down and someone will build a respectable hotel here, but every year I go down for the marathon and see it still there. I quickly put it out of my mind so I can enjoy my stay..... SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cushrunner
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

We scheduled a three day stay online through the Sun Time Inn website. When we arrived the office smelled very bad - like severe garlic. A Middle Eastern man came out and the entire time he was helping me he was wiping his nose on his sleeve. The first room he put us in smelled very bad and it was a NO SMOKING room. He changed us to a second room and the floor around the kitchenette was sticky - bad! He brought ina moldy mildewy mop and cleaned the floor. There was no sink in the bathroom - only the sink in the kitchen in the other room. There were holes kicked in one side of the door and a fist hole in the back of the door. This is no exaggeration - it was rooms #237 and #238. We ended up only staying the one night and looked for accomodations elseware. The man running the motel can hardly communicate with you. I am not being rude but very truthful. I would hope no one else gets caught in the situation we were in.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank shoegal_06
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

I stayed at the Sun Time Inn. I was new in town and didnt have very much money, and it was the cheapest in town. I would have rather stayed in my car or camped out!!!! First thing i noticed when i walked in was writing on the walls. The rooms are big but full of problems . My 18month old daughter was coverd in Black from sitting on the floor, her feet and clothes were dirty. the bathtub upstairs leaked and the toilet leaked... when i complained the manager said he would make sure the maids brought me extra towls to put on the floor. what a joke.. the second day we stayed my daughter reached under the bed for a toy and found a coackroach sticky pad with several bugs on it.I asked the manager for a refund , he said that they didnt give refunds and i payed for a week.I waisted all my money on this dump, so i asked to be moved rooms. The next day he finally had a room for us to move into it had a fridge and microwave . but the oven didnt work and the fridge froze all my food. the phone wires were really unsafe. and the worst thing i was putting food away and found a drug needle in the drawer. at the point i packed up and left. PLEASE dont stay here. On top of everything else I never seen a maid and my room was never cleaned. and every night my neighbors were either fighting, playing loud music, or partying. IT IS THE WORST PLACE. oh ya and good luck communicating with the managers. !! i will try and add photos later !!

Stayed April 2007
7 Thank downundagirl
Northern Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2008

This place is old, rundown, and dirty. It was so bad we didn't even stay there. We paid a penalty and left. We booked it through HOTELS.COM. I contacted them after our trip. Thankfully they gave us a credit to use in the future. I couldn't leave a bad review there because they only send you a survery AFTER you have checked out. They sent me to this site and I wish I had seen this before I ever booked it.

• Stayed January 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank jbburn