“Delicious meal”
Review of Piccolo Mondo - CLOSED

Piccolo Mondo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been open for only two months, it is Southern Italian, the chef is Italian. It's the BEST italian restaurant in Southern Utah
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just came from a great dinner at this restaurant in St. George, in a yearly trip from Ontario to the Senior Games. We had a delicious dinner of salmon, with a light, flavourful garlic cream sauce and vegetables, along with a caesar salad. Following that, we had the best Tiramisu we've ever had. The staff were great and the chef came out to welcome and greet us and to chat briefly. We would recommend this restaurant to others and would return.

1  Thank Maji2013
There are newer reviews for Piccolo Mondo

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We really wanted to try Italian and in St. George your options for any food is somewhat limited to begin with. It was warm this Sept. and while cold beer is listed on the menu they didn't have any. Do they ever? The wine is: red or white. The red is a chianti that tastes like grape juice. The pasta dishes were way, way, over salted and barely edible. Needless to say this was a very disappointing dining experience for us.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

There are some things I really liked about this restaurant and some things I didn’t like. The staff was kind and gracious. The owner is cool—he came out and visited with guests. Nice guy. Atmosphere is fine... It is in a little office building, which is nice. New. Clean, etc. The food was good, but the sauces, dressings, etc., were just way too heavy. We each tried a different salad, but the dressing was so heavy we couldn’t really enjoy them. Ingredients great, but I couldn’t taste them because the dressing were so heavy. Pretty much same on the entrees. I hate to be so critical and too nit picky because I know St. George, Utah is not a dining mecca. But overall, we enjoyed it. A little pricey for the food quality, but I would probably go back.

1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been here several times and always loved the food. Tonight we ordered the "special" Eggplant Chicken Parmesan- it was what you would expect to get at Dennys. To top it off the cost was $28.00. Everything else on the menu is in the $12-16 range so I didn't think to ask the price since chicken dishes are typically the cheapest. I felt the chef was using his "specials" to gouge customers and did not appreciate it. I still think this is a great place to eat and the gorgonzola salad was great as usual, but tonight they really let me down. My chicken was way overcooked and I was not surprised. Chef spends too much time visiting with the customers and not enough time in the kitchen. Mi Dispiace stasera.

3  Thank ulebwise
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Best choice for St. George. (Don't expect big city cuisine in St. George!) Quiet atmosphere, casual dining, well prepared food. Friendly staff. Decent limited wines by the glass, reasonably priced. Bring your own if looking for high end expensive wines. Very personable Chef comes to each table to talk. We will come back again!

1  Thank saltblock