“Cozy Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in St. George
West Jordan
“Cozy Hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a very clean and quiet motel. The owners are really nice. They make us feel like we were home. The rooms have plenty space. We stayed a couple more night of the time planned, because we really enjoy staying in this cute hotel and the area of St. George. We, definitely, will stay in this hotel every time we come to St. George. I highly recommend this place. The price is a great deal for what they offer. We had a great relaxing time. Thank you Tami and Blade for making our stay great and for your friendship.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We really enjoyed having you stay with us, We also enjoyed getting to know you. We really look forward to having you return. We thank you for your feedback thank you for staying with us.
Hope to see you soon.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am giving this hotel three stars, when it probably deserves two, because I did manage to get a couple of good night's sleep. But there were plenty of reasons to rate it lower.

I booked this hotel because it accepts pets, or at least it did when I booked. When I arrived I was told they had changed their policy recently. Well, I had booked in good faith, so I should have been treated as such. Instead the woman working the desk acted as if I was a supreme inconvenience and annoyance. I did not feel welcome in the least. I also told her that I needed a late check-out of 12:30 the day I was leaving due to a meeting I had to attend until noon. This was also not greeted well. She needed the room cleaned by 1:00 so that others could check in two hours early. So, once again I was made to feel unwanted and inconvenient. In the end I rearranged my plans so I could get out of there early and not be a bother. But I shouldn't have had to.

Also, the beds are on opposite walls, so only one bed can see the t.v. The television was old 15 years ago and has lines running through it. And the remote control won't turn it on, either. Add to this a floor that is bumpy and wavy, a chair that is in the way and full of stains, a very tiny bathroom that can only be used by one person at a time, no place to put your beautification products and a shower that is very cramped and shoots water out like a fire hose.

In addition I had to go outside my room at midnight to tell the people that were outside smoking to please stop talking because I was trying to get to sleep.

It's a small, old-school motel. There is nothing special about it and I am mystified at all the good reviews. The customer service was bad and the room was badly in need of updating and remodeling, not to mention a layout that was not conducive to a pleasant stay.

If you are one person, it would probably be fine. But more than that and you will feel inconvenienced by things.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We do apoligize for any inconvenice that you had with your stay, and hope that you will see that we do have alot of other travelers that do like us. We do hope that you will give us another chance. Again we do opoligize we are an older motel and we are working on this propertiy.
Eagle Mountain, Utah
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an old motel right on St George Blvd. Although old it was was clean and had what we needed. $35 price for two included fridge and micro, TV with decent cable channels and free internet. The bed was fine and room included a table and two chairs which we like for playing games. This is not a 4 star place but was great for a stopover and money saver if you are on a budget like we are. I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We would like to say thank you for staying with us and we really enjoyed having you here, We would love to see you come back and stay with us soon.
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This little place is cute! There are only about 20 rooms, if that. It was clean. We didn't use the shower as we only stayed one night. But the fridge kept our stuff cool, the beds were super comfortable, and everything was clean. We came on Friday night so we were a little worried about the noise from the street, as it's on the main drag. But there was no noise in our room. The lady at the front desk was a little short but I'll assume she had a rough day.

• Stayed March 2013
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We would like to say thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for a staff member being short with you. We hope that when you do come back to St. George You will come and stay with us again, We hope to see you soon.
Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find a much higher quality in our room than the price would have suggested. Our room was small, but very nicely appointed. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only complaint was the unfitted, no-straps mattress pad. They tend to bunch up. I mentioned it to the desk clerk, so hopefully they will replace that. You might ask when talking with them if they have changed the pads. We had a very nice, quiet night. The desk clerk recommended breakfast at the Bear Paw Inn a couple blocks away that was fantastic. The long line of people waiting to get in as we exited would attest to its popularity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We would like to say thank you for your stay with us, we really enjoyed having you and we really look forward to you staying with us again and we have worked on the bed pads so thank you again..

Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like getting a value but I have to think twice about coming back here. We don't need all the upgrades or updates, but I still expect the room to be clean and have a decent bed. We stayed in room 204, the fabric on the chairs were completely stained, the carpet very old and did not look clean, the room had a bad odor and the bed sagged badly in the middle. Breakfast was not included so Im not sure this really was a good value for us. I was worried about the road noise being on a major road but it was not an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We would like to apoligize for your stay with us we are sorry that you felt this way about your stay, but as you can see with all the other reviews we are very clean so we do apoligize for anything that was wrong with your stay and your room we are sorry that we don't offer a breakfast but we do offer you discounts at many places here in town to eat at. we are just a small motel but we do take pride in our motel and we show that ....
Management'
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Needed a one night business overnight. Slept well and headed out. The strickly non-smoking
rooms have been updated, and looks like they are looking to update some more. Dinner at the Iceberg, across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank J David A
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We would like to say thank you for your stay with us and we really enjoyed having you here and we would really love to have you return, We are upgrading the propertiy and we thank you for your feedback.