“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Boise, ID
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Do not be fooled by the unassuming strip center location and the bland decor. The food and service were excellent. I ordered their signature chicken with eggplant which was flavorful and well prepared. My husband ordered the Shrimp and Scallop Diavolo, he was pleased with the large shrimp in a spicy flavorful sauce. Wonderful warm bread and house salad come with the reasonably priced entrees. The waitress was very nice and seemed to be a family member. They are still waiting on a liquor license. Give it a try.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TexBoise

St. George, Utah
“When you're here, you really are family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just happened to glimpse this place so went in to check out the menu to see if there were vegetarian options. The gentleman enthusiastically said "Yeah! I'll cook you anything you want, spinach lasagne, vegetables and pasta, whatever!" So I grabbed my folks from the car and we went in. We were the only ones there, it was mid afternoon, and received very attentive friendly service from both the people working. The food was highly affordable and great. I did have the spinach lasagne and it was delicious. We were told most of the food is made from scratch daily-- all the sauces and things. The ricotta was so good in the lasagne I wouldn't be surprised if they made that as well, but I'm not sure. Anyway, nice little place, not fancy, but tasty food, friendly attentive service and great prices. Made us feel sorry for all those saps at the Olive Garden across town. Also locally owned, which is always a plus.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arizona
“Better than Grandma's Best Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

No one would expect that this little restaurant would produce such amazing, high quality, good tasting, carefully prepared home cooked Italian food. My Grandma would roll in her grave if she heard me, but it was as good, if not better, than hers. While reading the "specials of the day" sign (Veal Parmagiana and Veal Marsala) I thought no one in their right mind would advertise these dishes unless they REALLY seriously knew what the heck they were doing. And I was really pleased, as were some of the other women who were having lunch. The place was very clean, service was excellent, prices very reasonable. Complements to the chef!

Visited February 2012
St. George, Utah
“Really Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I happened to see an ad for Pacolino's pop up in Facebook (there's no discounting the power of social media) and decided to give this joint a shot during our weekly lunch get-together.
Along with a co-worker and a mutual friend (Italian- mind you) we walked in and immediately felt a bit chilly. The decor is not something I will rave about. It was a little odd. Mostly just tables lined up in rows with the standard white table cloths.
It was kind of sad that we were the only people in the restaurant at the lunch hour. I'm assuming that it's just taking some time for people to discover it.
But anyhoo on to the meal.
My friends got Spaghetti and meat sauce, and the other got a side of meatballs and a salad. I got the Trio of Cannelloni (chicken, pork and beef).
I was a little iffy at first, I won't lie. But from the moment he brought out some breadsticks (which were odd actually, they were very random in shape and size almost like left over pizza dough) and these were sooo good, easily as good as the breadsticks at both Pasta Factory and Pizza Pactory. I meant to take a picture of them but I found upon getting home that my camera failed when I snapped that pic. sigh
My cannelloni were amazing. I was so impressed, I cannot believe this little gem is not getting the traffic it should be. The resident Italian had nothing but good things to say about the meatballs and the marina included in them. And this is saying something. She often goes with us and cringes whenever we select an "Italian" place.
I feel her endorsement is high praise and I hope more people start to go here. I would hate to lose this little place due to lack of business; St. George and her residents will really miss out.
I only rated it as very good because of the ambiance and that it was quite chilly in the dining area. I also wasn't all that thrilled with the checkout process.
But this restaurant really does put forth a good argument to the idea that some of the best places are the little holes in the wall.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited January 2012