“Goof start to our holiday.”

America's Best Inns & Suites
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Goof start to our holiday.”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Good basic motel. It's located in strip mall, so lots of local facilities for food and shopping, if not the most scenic outlook. The small pool area was fun, especially for the children (we were a bit disappointed when we went for a late night cool down and found it was closed at 10pm each night, though). Breakfast was basic (cereal, muffins, bagels, egg & sausage patties) but enough to get us going in the morning. Good value in all; we'd go back again.

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank Jamster74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed at America's Best Inn on our way to Zion National Park. Avoided staying near Zion because the surrounding towns are small and there really isn't anything to do in terms of shopping.
Rate was affordable for the type of room that we booked; 2 queen beds with fridge and free WiFi. Location is good because it's next to several malls and restaurants. Movie theater is only a short drive too. Pool and spa were clean and decent size. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a clean and affordable room in St. George.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tyballast
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We had booked a room with queen beds and we asked if they had a room available with a king and we were offered a suite for $15 extra which we took. The room was excellent with a lounge and a jacuzzi in the bedroom with a separate bathroom. The hotel is opposite a shopping Mall and a Starbucks is just across the road.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TheScubaDuo
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The health care company I work for always book their employees at this motel because it's the cheapest option nearest to the Intermountain Regional Hospital (approximately 2 min drive). Standard rooms are basic, but spacious and clean. This is the newer, safer and better part of the town, surrounded by shopping malls, corporate centers and many restaurants.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank JamesBeacham
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This was a good option for the price I had paid. For $50 I had a room with 2 queen sized beds with basic and standard amenities - coffee maker, microwave & mini fridge (big plus), cabel tv, free WiFi (good connection). Room was decently clean with only minor issues that involved general wear and tear. I really liked their location. It's just off the interstate and closer to shopping malls and several restaurants. We bascially didn't need our cars to get around since every thing was closeby, within walking distance. Keep in mind that this is a very busy location, traffic can be miserable. Overall, I would stay here again while traveling through St. George.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Cayle_84
SoCal
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Had reservations for 3 nights. Stayed 1 night and moved to Ramada Inn. I gave up the room fee to get out of there. Dingy, creepy, 2nd hand beat up furniture. Isolated on a large blacktop parking lot this motel has no welcoming charm at all. The lobby is sparse and uncomfortable The room cheaply and shabbily redone. Evidence of further remodeling in equally bargain basement style. I understand that this is a budget motel. A fair rate might be $50 a night. My weekend rate was $120. Paying $99 at a very nice Ramada. On the plus side, I got a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Booked on line, looked nice enough but the reality is that is an overprice fleabag motel

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Buruti
Utah
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed at America's Best from 6/19/2009 - 6/21/2009. Hotels.com had a price of $45 so I called the hotel directly and they matched that price. They indicated that there was breakfast in the morning and it seemed like a convenient location.

I knew a little about what I was getting into with the price and other reviews but I think I would have rather spent a little more per night and felt like I could go to a place an hang out if I wanted to. Things to keep in mind - Our room was in the back so you could hear the noise from the freeway. The towels are very thin and ours had stains on them so we asked for more (which they gave us) The comforter on our bed had a big yellow stain on it so we also asked them to change that (which they did). There is a breakfast and it consisted of eggo waffles (I thought they would have converted to the belgium waffle makers), sausage patties, egg patties, english muffins, bagels, and a few different cold cereals. It was an okay breakfast for the price we were paying per night but my husband only ate an eggo waffle and then he went to his sisters hotel and ate from their breakfast buffet. The room only had one recessed light in it and it was very dark. There was cable t.v., a small fridge (which we didn't use) and a microwave (also didn't use). It is in the same parking lot as the outlet stores and chuck a rama so it doesn't really have a "homey" feel to it but is convenient to the stores.

It was okay but I didn't feel like I could walk around without shoes on and it was not a place to come back and relax, just sleep. You are getting what you pay for and we sort of expected that but I guess my expectations were also just a little bit higher so I was a little disappointed. I was very tempted to try another hotel but we were only there two nights so I stuck it out. Nothing horrible, just used to a little better.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple