“Great Tex-Mex Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
St. George, Utah
“Great Tex-Mex Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

It was 2pm on a Saturday afternoon and I was hungry! Casa Dona Maria was the closest restaurant so I ducked in. The lunch run was over so I didn't have to wait long. I ordered the cheese enchilada platter and wow was it delicious! It was a healthy portion, I couldn't finish all the beans. This is my favorite place to eat now. I could not find one negative thing in my dining experience. Good food, good service, clean environment, I would definately recommend it!
signed, Finally Satiated

• Visited January 2014

Washington, UT
“Why is it so different each time?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I simply cannot figure this place out! Our first visit was great, but then everything became quite disappointing which went on for the following two visits and we said "never again." After a few months we decided to give them a final try and they had made a complete turnaround with great food and service! Since their location is good for us, we were delighted to add them back onto to our favorites list. But after only a visit or two more, they're right back to where they were when we quit going there. The original service was not good (the girl said she was training but no one was with her, actually training her, and someone had to take over for her as she was making so many mistakes and not following through), no chips and salsa until we actually asked for them (the people next to us were perplexed as they hadn't gotten any, either), and the food was slow to come out and nothing to write home about. We were very sad to see this slip back so far and, if we can't count on a good evening out each time we go here, there are lots of other restaurants in this town we can visit instead..

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
St. George, Utah, USA
“Casa Dona Maria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

the staff made our grandson's 8th birthday a special event with his first fried ice cream dessert! enjoyed the food and service!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank hremington
St George, Utah
“Loved the Take out - Goin Back to Dine In!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I drive by this place many times. Never saw it. Around 9 p.m. I was attracted to a lighted sign I never had seen in two years.

I made a bee-line as it was late and most places are shutting the doors.

OPEN!

The place had a real nice feeling, big, BIG dining area, but I was the only one there except for a man that went into the bar area to watch sports on a big screen, separate from the dining.

I'd bring a date, family, large gathering to this ambiance.

I ordered a burrito with black beans. I think they missed the pico de gallo inside the burrito and the cheese was supposed to be inside, but I detected none.

However, the flavor was really good, a little boring near the middle. It needed jalapeno's sour cream and a mild to spicy salsa to break up the monotony.

I'd give them a second opportunity and order to MY liking next time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ahfooee
Utah
“One of St George's best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very good Mexican food, good selection. Service normally very good, but occasionally a little slow. Overall, a good choice for Mexican where everyone in the family can be happy.

Visited October 2012